main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I am looking at that smile.

And thank you for the visual.

I am so happy right now.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm so jelly

LloydChristmas likes this.
  3. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
  4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Sad news for Blazers fans today. Kersey was my favorite player when I was growing up.
    [​IMG]

darth_gersh and heels1785 like this.
  5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    RIP Jerome Kersey. I met him once in an elevator in Milwaukee. He was super nice and he shook my hand.

Still trying to figure out the Knight for Carter-Williams deal. I really liked Knights game, but he was probably going to take off after this year anyway. Saved cap space and Kidd will hopefully help MCW's game. T. Enis could develop as well.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Pat Riley Rules again.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    What in the name of all things holy are the Sixers doing. They ask their fans to wait, and wait, and wait..and then they trade away their most valuable asset, the reigning ROY.

LloydChristmas - you continue to be, and will always be, my hero. I think this one runs a close second to your NFL Draft caper, but it's still amazing.

8. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Crazy trading transactions today. A summary:

Players lost:
    Wizards: Andre Miller
    Kings: Ramon Sessions
    Blazers: Will Barton, Thomas Robinson Victor Claver, 2016 1st round pick
    Nuggets: Arron Afflalo, Alonzo Gee, Javale McGee, 1st round draft pick
    Nets: Kevin Garnett
    Wolves: Thaddeus Young
    Sixers: Rights to Cenk Akyol, Michael Carter-Williams, K.J. McDaniels, OKC's 2015 First Round Pick
    Thunder: Reggie Jackson, Kendrick Perkins
    Pistons: Kyle Singler, D.J. Augustin, Jonas Jerebko, Luigi Datome
    Jazz: Enes Kanter, Steve Novak
    Suns: Goran Dragic, Zoran Dragic, Isaiah Thomas, Tyler Ennis, Miles Plumlee, Lakers’ 2015 1st round draft pick
    Pelicans: John Salmons
    Heat: Shawn Williams, Norris Cole, Danny Granger, 2017 and 2019 1st-round draft picks
    Bucks: Brandon Knight
    Celtics: Marcus Thornton, Tayshaun Prince, 2016 1st round draft pick
    Rockets: Isiah Canaan, Alexy Schved, three second-round picks
    Knicks: Pablo Prigioni

Players gained:
    Wizards: Ramon Sessions
    Kings: Andre Miller
    Blazers: Arron Afflalo and Alonzo Gee
    Nuggets: Will Barton, Victor Claver, Thomas Robinson, Blazers 2016 lottery-protected 1st round pick, OKC 2015 1st round pick
    Nets: Thaddeus Young
    Wolves: Kevin Garnett
    Sixers: Javale McGee, Isiah Canaan, 1st round draft pick, Lakers’ 2015 1st round draft pick, 2nd round draft pick
    Nuggets: Rights to Cenk Akyol
    Thunder: Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler, D.J. Augustin, Steve Novak
    Pistons: Reggie Jackson, Tayshaun Prince
    Jazz: Kendrick Perkins
    Suns: John Salmons, Norris Cole, Danny Granger, Brandon Knight, Marcus Thornton, 2016, 2017, and 2019 1st-round draft picks
    Pelicans: Shawne Williams
    Heat: Goran Dragic, Zoran Dragic
    Bucks: Michael-Carter Williams, Tyler Ennis, Miles Plumlee
    Celtics: Isaiah Thomas, Jonas Jerebko, Luigi Datome
    Rockets: K.J. McDaniels, Pablo Prigioni
    Knicks: Two second-round picks, Alexy Schved

At first glance, it seems like the Blazers, Bucks, Suns and Pistons all get better immediately. And maybe OKC gets better by subtraction. Going to be a real interesting second half to the season!

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I just have no idea what Philadelphia is thinking on that MCW trade.

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now that I have replaced my computer after destroying the one I had this afternoon I am slightly more level-headed about this. The fact that we now have 4 potential 1st round picks in this draft is the only answer I can think of. They must see something in Mudiay or one of the other 2 top tier point guards in this draft that counting on replacing MCW with him/them while still having chips to go after someone like Towns or Okafor is a logical step. Losing MCW is beat but this entire scandalous trade may not set our progress back too, too far if what I said above is, in fact, their plan. If it turns out to be the case, I suppose I will applaud it in hindsight. Mudiay could be a beast in this league. If grabbing 2 top 10 guys turns out to not be why they did this, well... I got nothing. Well, aside from rage.

12. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    why would they go after okafor when they already have noel and embiid

13. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    is MCW really that good? I mean his stats are gonna be padded playing with the rest of that team.

I kinda like what the 6ers are doing. better than faffing about in middle ground mediocrity for years on end. may aswell just roll the dice and see what happens. as a fan, at least you have that underlying hope that things will one day be really, really good... as opposed to just, average.

14. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Because 76ers.

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    LloydChristmas - you continue to be, and will always be, my hero. I think this one runs a close second to your NFL Draft caper, but it's still amazing.[/quote]

[face_blush]

ALSO HOLY **** TRADE DEADLINE

KG AND WIGGINS AND LAVINE

MORE REASONS TO RELISH IF THE HEAT GET ELIMINATED BY THE CAVS

MORE REASONS TO REGRET THIS POST WHEN THEY DON'T CAUSE IT'S CLEVELAND

xblackout, heels1785 and tom like this.
  16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

At some point, though, shouldn't something give*? You know, draft quality talent and actually build the team around them, instead of a fire sale every few months for more draft picks and to ensure the tanking continues? I don't think a '15-'16 Sixers team that could only win 15-19 games is exactly the soundest of plans; it's really too bad the infrastructure isn't in place/there isn't enough support for a relegation-style system for the NBA... sure, sure, in such a scenario, the Lakers would currently be in the relegation zone, but at least avoiding that would add enough intrigue to remainder of this season.

*There is of course the possibility that I'm still quite bitter about the current Lakers malaise, and the prospects of them next year being just as putrid frightens me.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Perkins is a fantastic addition for the Cavs. Feel like the team is coming together really well to maximize my heartbreak.

xblackout likes this.
  18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't think he'll help all that much, but he won't be much of a negative impact either. So, essentially...

[​IMG].

:p

ShaneP and heels1785 like this.
  19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Bosh gone for the season due to blood clots in his lungs.

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    that's really too bad. i would have like to see the Heat do well without lebron.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    that's really too bad. i would have like to see the Heat do well since the 76ers own their draft pick.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Is it fair for me to expect the Lakers to be included during the 'In Memoriam' segment of tonight's Academy Awards?

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Derrick Rose done for year, to have meniscus surgery.

I have nothing invested in the Bulls as a team, but this is just heartbreaking to watch, year after year. Such a talented kid.

25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I saw a bit recently that mentioned how certain people are genetically predisposed to be injured more than others, and I think it's safe to assume Derrick Rose is in that category.

ShaneP likes this.