main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Double post.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It wasn't really. For some reason, the Rockets got the ball back, down 1, with like 8.5s to go... and didn't call a TO to set-up the play (which they had). Then Harden dribbled the ball down and... tried to give the ball off rather than driving to the hoop (despite being 2/3-teamed which is normal for him) or shooting it himself in transition.

THEN there was a good trap.

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I think McHale said in an interview that they didn't call timeout because it was a scramble play, and he thought that Harden had a big advantage in that sort of situation.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    If Harden's not going to drive and Howard's nowhere close (because... slow) what good does it do them?

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Hey, I never said McHale was a great NBA coach.

dp4m likes this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I get not calling a timeout, because, honestly, the play call is going to be "Harden, score a bucket". Calling a timeout benefits the defense. That is on Harden, not McHale.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i like the no time out there. the offense should have a big advantage on a transition play like that as opposed to going against a set defense. however harden couldn't just drive to the hoop because thompson had him locked up and curry did a great job of trapping and taking away his left hand. (have you ever seen harden go right?) so yeah, not a bad decision with the no time out, just a bad result, thanks to -- yes, great defense.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    yeah, i take harden with the ball in his hands during a transition 10/10 times over a set play. that's where he makes his money.

9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    And Harden actually crossed over Steph and Klay initially...but tossed the ball to Howard instead of taking the long 2. Crazy ending. Thought the Rockets were cooked after Steph's 1st quarter, they're def not going down without a fight.

AND NEITHER IS ATLANTA CAVS, I KNOW YOU READ THIS THREAD

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    watching it again, he definitely should have shot it when he had that look. if he makes it the warriors have roughly two seconds to answer, but you have to take that risk when you're down one. if he misses the rockets at least have a couple seconds to crash the boards and try to get a tip. or foul if the dubs get the ball. it's still a one possession game no matter what and you still have that timeout to advance the ball.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I thought Harden was going to take that initial shot and the Warriors were going to lose on a last second shot. Watching it again, it was the right call for the Rockets not to take a time out, especially since the Rockets were in transition and Harden had a smaller person in Curry guarding him. I thought at the very least, Harden would take a shot and get the foul call which he seemingly has been getting all series and go to the line. I'm so happy that Harden mishandled the ball on his cross-over between the legs.

I think the Warriors will win game 3. They still haven't played their best basketball in the series, as they're still making way too many turnovers and Klay Thompson has been scoring only 14 points per game in this series, well below his season average of 21 ppg.

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    by saying that i can only assume he wants kobe to play four more years.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I can only hope we get a Jeter-like Kobe farewell tour.

dp4m likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I give it to Kobe for staying with the sinking ship that was the Lakers when he could have requested a trade or something to a team with a serious change to win the championship. That being said, I can't say Kobe is all about winning in the twilight of his career as he seems to be more about loyalty.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ass. Whooping.

dp4m likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Halfway there. How many more games do you think?

18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    On to the next one.

Darth Tunes and xblackout like this.
  19. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  20. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR THE DUDE'S A LEGEND

21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Yoda's_Roomate is the angriest old man in this thread but I kind of love it, bonus points for the fitting icon

dp4m likes this.
  22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    So there was a more-interesting-than-normal police pursuit in La La Land yesterday, occurring here in the Valley...

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

I'm just going to pretend that the dude is a Clippers fan, for it's funnier that way.:p

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    It's even funnier if he's celebrating the #2 pick.

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Damn, I should of thought of that.:oops:

25. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Now hearing that Korver may be out for the rest of the playoffs with that ankle injury.

[​IMG]