main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Looks like I'll get my wish about the Rockets getting embarrassed by the Warriors. This is painful to watch.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Just another win, and Steph Curry gets to showcase his talents on the biggest stage available in the NBA. Lovely.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Apporpiate as the MVP should be on the biggest stage during the playoffs.

4. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    tunick i'm not surprised but your'e literally the only person on the planet who doesn't like steph

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Wait, what? I was being sincere! Should I have added a ' :D ' at the end of that post to make the point clear? :p

From the previous game...

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Prenn, the Clippers are the California Basketball team he doesn't like, not the Warriors.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, will Houston be wearing Washington Generals throwback uniforms on game four, or the more subtle white flag patches on their standard uniforms?

xblackout and Darth Tunes like this.
  8. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Warriors are gonna beat the Cavs comfortably I'd say. this is Curry's year.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Just like every time that Jordan wasn't MVP... how'd that work out for the other team Jordan played?

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Watching that game last night I won't argue with you. The Warriors looked scary good, and if the Cavs make it that far I would say Warriors in six. Of course I'm also the one that thought the Cavs would get beat by the Bulls so...

[​IMG]

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah.

Except Jordan didn't have a deity being entertained and amused by bringing pain to the region his teams represented.

[face_plain]

xblackout likes this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Bill Simmons is fired. No one can make "G-d hates Cleveland" jokes now, so you're good!

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    God hating Cleveland predates Simmons. By a lot. He just popularized it.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Those Jordan teams were far better than this current Cavs team, though. Plus the Warriors' blend of attack and defence is just unparalleled.

15. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Dude you have no idea how angry I am at humanity. I just get annoyed at a bunch of stuff, especially stupid people, which is the majority of human beings.

I have issues to deal with. I'm not very happy that I'm gonna be 40 and right now I'm alone (meaning not in a relationship).

I've always hated Kobe, so **** him. Yeah sure he's one of the greatest players ever, but whatever, I hope a car runs him over.

Houston should hide their collective heads in the sand from shame. What piece of crap effort from then last night.

No doubt Warriors go all the way for the championship and win it all. I like the team so at least I'll be happy about that.

16. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

The Kings back-in-the-day as well, and whenever they're relevant again.

Concerning the very likely a probable Golden State/Cleveland Finals... aside from the obvious Curry vs. LeBron angle, it's essentially a win-win*** for non-partisan rooting interests: you either get Cleveland finally winning a title in very fantastic fashion (LeBron's return, etc) or Golden State giving many Bay Area fans a great taste of pro-sports glory, a franchise finally stepping further back in the limelight in the best possible way.

***Cleveland winning would be the overall better story, since their title drought is longer, and of course the history of pro-sports in that city (at least since the 60's) is much more on the negative side of things than the Bay Area (for among the Golden State fanbase, there'll be those who are Giants fans -3 World Series in 5 years! [face_plain] - or 49er fans who are old enough to have lived/rooted through the 80's and the Super Bowl XXIX triumph OR Raider fans who are old enough to remember their glory days and Oakland A's fans who can recall the great team's of the 70's and 80's). I want and prefer Cleveland to win this title for various reasons, but a Golden State triumph wouldn't be the worst thing either... still a great story.

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Chippiness, chippiness for everyone!

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    A performance for the ages, King James.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Now we find out if Inty is correct, G-d hates Cleveland, and Cleveland are the 2004 Yankees...

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

xblackout and Darth Tunes like this.
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I guess the Knicks were just one player away from contending.

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    What a ridiculously memorable, great game. So close we are to wonderful Finals.

24. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

Welcome back, buddy.

On. to. the. next. one.

25. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    So relieved when the game ended that I wanted to cry.

Darth Tunes and Point Given like this.