main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

10.5%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

42.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

5.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

36.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

5.3%
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    So, when the new championship banner is raised at Oracle in October, I hope they can rectify this:

[​IMG].

Why are they out of chronological order? Why the hell does that bother me, why do I care?
    :p

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I presume because of the different logo, it creates better symmetry.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Yep. The most recent one centered and bordered by earlier achievements and by like banners.

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005

when i see Jalen Rose i keep imagining he's looking down at his phone constantly and seeing "Hey Jalen....what about ..."

DarthIntegral likes this.
  5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I don't think the difference between the two logos is that striking enough for that symmetry to be pleasing in any way; the chronological order ought to trump any aesthetics anyway. :p

http://deadspin.com/here-is-the-official-new-clippers-logo-1712134721]Clippers[/url] have unveiled their new aesthetic look

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's going to be an event at Staples (where else?) for the official unveiling tomorrow; holy ****, how plain & uninspired does all that look? I mean, wow...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they did a revamp a few seasons ago to a wonderful, better-looking cursive font. Such a great, pleasing aesthetic... one of the few legit things about the organization/team to like from a Laker-perspective, and now that's gone. How unfortunate.

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Just got home from the unveiling party. Got to meet Iverson, World B Free, Moses Malone and my childhood hero, Billy Cunningham. 76ers put together a pretty nice free event to unveil them, gave us all free swag and had a bunch of alums. A few thousand fans showed up. Not bad for a barely promoted thing. New unis are tight. The PHILA jerseys have always been my favorite, anyhow. I like that the jerseys are basically the Wilt Chamberlain era jerseys with the Dr. J era stars & stripes down the sides. 1 side has 7 stars and the other only has 6, which is rather a nice detail.

D'angelo Russell is going to look like a beast in that uniform.

8. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    A few thousand? So the average attendance for regular season games. Heeeeeey ohhhhh!

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Somehow the 76ers were the 2nd highest in new season ticket sales last season.

#TrustTheProcess

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  11. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Yeah I saw that one. It's been an ongoing joke since they first leaked a couple months back. The Clippers are the worst.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm kind of sad the Finals are over, if only because we don't get anymore Riley Cooper press conferences.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Riley Cooper is still being loltastic in the press. There was actually a headline this week: "Riley Cooper: 'Chip Kelly is not a racist'". You'd know, Riley.

Darth Tunes and Point Given like this.
  14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Hahahaha!

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think the better comparison for the new Clippers logo is Clippy from Microsoft Office ...

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I went to the Dubs parade and rally today and it was jammed packed. No one was bothered by the crowd, everyone was just happy to celebrate the Warriors' NBA Championship.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darth Tunes , Juliet316 and tom like this.
  17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I caught about the last half-hour of the rally last night... it may have been better served if the owners weren't the MC's for it. :p

18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Haha hey Draymond Green go **** yourself.

That is all.

PRENNTACULAR and xblackout like this.
  19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    So the Hawks look like a highlighter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The yellowish-green there definitely, at least from my point-of-view, stops that from being a great look, which is unfortunate... the fonts & other colors look fantastic.

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll admit, I'm slightly nervous about a scenario where the Lakers manage to land Boogie, and lure Kevin Love.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't see Love landing with the Lakers in any scenario... sure, he might meet with Kupchak & company, but I believe he'll go back (ie: should go back) to Cleveland. Regarding the rumor mill concerning Cousins, I've got my druthers about this. Yes, despite his baggage, Cousins is a hell of a talent (and still so young... only 24 years old); a change of scenery to an organization with an insanely rich history of winning/big-time glory could do him wonders, though one does have to wonder how he'd handle the extra focus & spotlight of playing for the purple & gold, especially when Kobe retires (does Cousins then become the face of the team in such a scenario?). However, the scenarios in which Julius Randle & the no. 2 pick go to Sacramento to obtain Cousins makes me very nervous. Ideally, though I'd still have umbrage over it, I could ultimately live with either Randle or the no. 2 pick included in a Cousins-deal, but not both.... even if Sacramento parts with the no. 6 pick in any such deal. And Jordan Clarkson better not be included in any deal, either... he's got too much potential to be the Lakers point guard of the future.

Whatever happens (does anything occur before/during the draft or after?), there better be a tangible improvement next season: close to, exactly at, or just above .500. In the best/craziest of scenarios, perhaps a playoff berth (the purple & gold have never missed the playoffs in 3 consecutive seasons). While I'm more than aware & accepting of this sentiment from an outsider perspective (this quote taken from a recent Will Leitch column), "No one will ever, ever, feel bad for Lakers fans,...", in my Laker-La La Land bubble, I can't abide another season of pure irrelevancy. We can't turn into the Knicks for goodness sake. :p

23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I mean it's Cleveland so like he'll announce he's going to the Celtics right after I post this, but I think a silver lining of the Cavs losing the Finals is that Love is staying put. It can't be money that drives him away-- apparently Gilbert's willing to throw the max at him like one of his full-court passes-- and there's not really a better situation winning-wise (minus, you know, the decades-long curse that resulted in his current shoulder malady).

So leaving would have to be about getting his Minny numbers back and stuff...and that's where I think the loss plays in. If the Cavs were to win the Finals (KNOCK ON ALL THE WOOD) with a healthy K-Love (*all the wood shatters in lloyd's apartment*) he would be seen as The Guy (or one of The Guys with his boy Uncle Drew [*all of the wood down the block explodes*]) that was the difference in sealing it. I think that's way more motivating, and in line with his recent comments/desire out of Minny in the first place, than being a stat-stuffer again.

But it's still Cleveland so he's probably going to L.A. you're welcome Tunes

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Tunes, you're crazy. If Sacramento offers Boogie for #2, Randle, and Clarkson, you do it. That's a dollar for what's currently two quarters and a dime. Big men with Boogie's skill don't come around very often. And the Lakers can attract free agents in ways only one other franchise can - Miami - for building their team.

PRENNTACULAR, Point Given and tom like this.