main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    that gasol block was dirty

ThisHurricane likes this.
  2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Milwaukee Bucks are having a season home opener. First time since Jordan was a rookie.

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    You'd think teams would alternate every other year whether they open the season at home or on the road.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    *jumps off tall building*

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Reasons to be positive about the '15-'16 Lakers season:

-Hoping that Jordan Clarkson continues to develop into a really good player, potentially becoming a star in the future.

-D'Angelo Russell & Julius Randle... assuming HEALTH, that's some rather nice talent there.

-Metta World Peace playing solid enough defense maybe?

-Again, assuming HEALTH, Kobe's still got some moments of ridiculous offense, right? 2-5 games of 30+ points, preferably against the likes of the Clippers, OKC, etc.

-I know nobody else gives a ****, but my courtside regular tracking chart enters its 3rd season!

-Moments like this from James Worthy on the Lakers cable channel (that, unlike the Dodgers, I've got access to):

-This daily reminder in my room that...

[​IMG].

All of those exciting, great & wonderful memories from the recent championship glory never goes away.

However, even with all of that, the overall outlook (no chance at the playoffs; would be a shock to win more than 30+ games for ****'s sake) still looks like this:

[​IMG].

6. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Im thinking this may finally be the Bobcats season.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  8. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I dropped my two sons off at the United Center last night so they could watch the Bulls/Cleveland season opener. President Obama was at the game too courtside, so the boys got frisked by Secret Service on the way in. I can't even imagine what that must have been like prepping for security, but traffic all around Chicago was snarled for large chunks of the day.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    So pretty, just so pretty.

[​IMG]

10. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    LOL Rockets sputter to a horrendous start by losing by 20 to the lowly Nuggets.

11. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Milwaukee sucked it up as well.

12. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    While the 76ers are finally starting a season with the beginnings of the rebuilt team... and there is still growth and experience to consider during this part of the climb... Okafor starting his career with 26 & 7 with 3 blocks and Noel doing his usual double double is uplifting. Now that Stauskas is out of the unstable dumpster fire that was the 2014-15 Kings, I'm beyond confident that we have a potentially high end outside threat. Home opener is Friday and this is the first one I've felt to be far better of an investment than the decade+ of mediocrity and 2 seasons of tanking to slowly escape from mediocrity. Forget my season tickets, we bought another pair, courtside.

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The Blazers won their 15th consecutive home opener tonight. That's an NBA record. Whether they make the playoffs or not, this team is going to be mighty fun to watch all season!

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The Good: Williams, Randle, Clarkson, Young all played well; this chippiness in the 2nd quarter was fun:

; 11 out of the 13 courtside regulars in attendance.

The Bad: Up by 16 at one point, but ending up losing the game by 1. Yikes; couldn't figure out Rubio, either; Kobe jacking up 13 3's!

The Ugly: D'Angelo Russell had a debut to forget (2-7 from the field, 2 assists).

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The great news with the Lakers is that, while they still have a few holes in spots, they are at least done with their ninja-tanking. This looks like a roster that actually had planning put into it. With the Celtics also beginning to crawl out of the sewer, 3 of the oldest pillar franchises are finally starting to put actual pieces together. See you in 2019 for the 76ers/Lakers Finals.

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I believe the Celtics have the Nets first round pick for the next three years. If true, they are in the best position possible to become a power house down the line, if they pick right.

IF

17. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Bulls with some actual offence? What

Hoiberg starting well. Loads of improvement left in the team too. Mirotic, Butler, Rose is a nice 3

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  19. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    I am not a fan of Hibbert's game but... dayum. Talk about being posterized.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    dp4m xblackout LloydChristmas vin

so my new york trip is happening. who is down for nets/clippers at barclay's on dec 12th (MY BIRTHDAY)?

let's figure out the tickets and stuff.

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'll start a Facebook message group...

... oh, wait. :p (stupid tom!)

Yep, should be good. Let's get a PM group going and figure out stuff, food, etc. Tom, also let me know if you need a place to stay for a bit or you already lined that up...

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i definitely don't need one, but it could be fun to crash. maybe that night? my friends who i'm staying with are actually out of town on that weekend. i'll have their place to myself but it might be more fun to stay with friends on MY BIRTHDAY.

dp4m likes this.
  23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Juliet316 and tom like this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm not going to be doing this all the time, but even though it's been less than a week, it's already been an interesting start to the season for the purple & gold...

The Good: 22 & 15 last night from Randle, who will be the brightest spot for the Lakers this season in terms of their young/new/rookie-ish players... cares just enough, unlike Kobe, who might care too much; Lou Williams can also bring upon positive thoughts during a game, which helps tremendously as much of the rest of the offense struggles... Nick Young as well, for now; A moment like this during a home game:

[​IMG].

Keep doing your thing, Sign Guy.

The Bad: See below.

The Ugly: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14039529/kobe-bryant-losangeles-lakers-really-angry-gets-day-practice]Kobe[/url] knows how bad he's been thus far; takes mental day after feeling less-than-stellar. Time will tell if that helps at all, but taking less 3's, and letting D'Angelo Russell handle the ball more would go a long way to improving on-the-court matters.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I haven't looked: other than winning the opener, have the Knicks been a dumpster fire?