main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Kevin McHale out in Houston. Not unsurprising given the poor start, the talent there, and the competitive nature of the West.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm kind of surprised for McHale's firing despite the Rockets have been giving up more than 100 points a game. I think history has shown, firing a coach this early doesn't really work out well.

DarthTunick likes this.
  3. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Ah yes, the NBA, where leading your team to the Conference Finals just 6 months ago is meaningless, and you get canned 3 weeks into the new season. If I were a basketball coach, I would never coach pro because coaches get fired waaaaay to easily. It's like respect for coaches has gone compete out the window in the NBA.
    Anyhow, let Houston sink. I'm tired of hearing how Morey is some super genius GM when he hasn't won anything.

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Nothing will ever beat this absurdity:

5. ojisan

ojisan Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2015
    couldn't agree with you more.. :cool:

6. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Anyone else baffled by how bad the Pelicans are? I mean OK, they were never gonna be a championship contender, but my God they can't win one game and they have one of the best players in the league.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm not that surprised. lots of injuries and they're really only a borderline playoff team even if they're completely healthy.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    it's part of the NBA conspiracy to have the Unibrow go to the Lakers in a few years.

DarthTunick likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Warriors vs. Clippers, Round 2 tonight. Should be another good game in this heated rivalry.

[​IMG]

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Porzingod with another monster game!

DarthTunick likes this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Upon realizing that Golden State can beat the record for the best start to a title-defense season on Tuesday against the Lakers...

[​IMG].

12. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Im so glad the Rockets are sucking. I loathe Dwight Howard.

13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    lol, also they were Simmons' pre-season darling so like double schadenfreude

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    what, no talk about "the dubs"? i'm shocked. where's ssp? wonder how far they can go. 7 game road trip soon, in which they face five .500 or better teams. would be fun if they could make it until that christmas day matchup with the cavs tho.

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Can someone convince me that the Lakers won't lose by 30+ to Golden State tonight? :p

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, I didn't want to Ric Olie the current state of the "Dubs" as it's been well reported on through all the news outlets and social media. :p
    Local news is reporting that tickets for tonight's game in Oakland are in up in the thousands and that there's a listing for $12K for a pair of tickets. A few weeks ago I was offered a ticket to go tonight's game but I had already made pre-Thanksgiving dinner plans with friends that I could not get out of as they're leaving town tomorrow. I'll just year about on the news when I get home or check the my phone.

I'll do you one better and post that Klay's father, former Lakers' center Mychel Thompson thinks the Lakers will win tonight.

Mychal Thompson predicts Lakers will end Warriors' win

17. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    i put 2 dollars on the lakers. if they win, i get 46 bucks lol

18. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    These Warriors are the first team I've seen since Jordan retired from the Bulls that I think could have given them a serious run for their money, even if the 1996 version was going all out. Is that overstating things? Is the level of competition around the league just not particularly good?

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't think that's an overstatement at all. The talent of the team, in particular Curry, is just that ridiculously good right now; barring major injuries, 70+ wins is within reason.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Certainly the first champion in a long time to look line a boxing champ, and think everyone is trying to take their belt.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's ridiculous and unfair how quickly Curry can get a shot off.

Boy, Kobe Bryant looks old and washed up. Worse than when Jordan was playing with the Wizards.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    jordan with the wizards at least put on a few vintage performances. wonder if kobe has any of those in the tank. the lakers looked like they didn't want any part of the warriors last night.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    My gut tells me Kobe has one or two vintage performances. There are some terrible teams in the league he can light up. Those performances aren't going to come against the upper teams though.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Since the Clippers are in a bit of disarray, I'm hoping he's got one in store for the Christmas Night game.

Also, something that didn't occur to me until last night...

[​IMG].

Can Golden State seriously challenge that record?

25. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    It's certainly possible. In more recent times we've seen both the Celtics and Heat get pretty darn close. These Warriors are certainly capable. They're on a whole other level than everyone else right now.