main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wha? Are you for real?

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    He's taking the piss guys, lol. Must be

DarthIntegral likes this.
  3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Ahahahaha. You clearly know nothing about Jordan if you think if that played a role. He retired because Phil Jackson was leaving and he hated Jerry Krause.

Seriously how old are you?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Mace Windu is GOAT

Mace Windu is GOAT Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Well here's one thing we can all agree on: LeBron James is better than Larry Bird.

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I think what is very clear is that mouse droid is better than mace windu

6. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    Mace Windu is the best character in Star Wars so how? Also, say something besides Kobe Vs. Jordan for once.

7. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    guys I think we can all agree on one thing at least. yellow and blue are NOT the same color.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    We can all agree Dennis Rodman is the all-time MVP.

9. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    Troll alert!

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    By the way. I don't think we've talked enough or noticed enough just how great and historical a regular season the Golden State Warriors are having, and potentially having.

At the All-Star Break, a single team (The San Antonio Spurs) have fewer losses than the Warriors almost certainly will have at the end of the season.

To put it another way, 28 other teams will have lost more before the All-Star game than the Warriors will lose all year.

That's ****ing insane.

I wish I was a neutral so I could appreciate them.

Mace Windu is Awesome and tom like this.
  12. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    Do you have something against the Warriors?

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i've watched all of their games but two so i've noticed! i just thought people were sick of talking about it. i just hope it doesn't end up like 2001 mariners (a team i was also a fan of), and the spurs still scare me to death. i think the 30 point win was fool's gold.

still, regardless of whatever happens in the playoffs it will be fun to look back at the end of a historic year and marvel at the numbers. no one has ever hit 300 threes in a year and steph has a chance at 400. insane. their fast break against the rockets a couple nights ago was one of my absolute favorite highlights of the year. steph as he's about to get fouled to stop the break with the left handed behind the back pass. as good as he was last year, the game is just coming so easy to him this year. so fun to watch.

15. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    If anyone has a chance of beating them it's the Thunder, not Spurs or Cavs.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    do you think the thunder can beat the spurs without home court advantage? warriors/thunder is an intriguing matchup, but if the seeding stays how it is now, which it is pretty likely to at least with the top 3 teams, i don't we'll see that matchup this year.

17. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    The Thunder have two unlimited superstars on offense at their absolute peaks. Kawhi Leonard's an amazing defender, but he would only guard KD. Who would guard Westbrook? (Scary to think, because I'm a Spurs fan).

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Maybe the Warriors should play a team with Kelly Olynyk. And he can rip Steph Curry's shoulder out of socket. And then we'll see if the Warriors are invincible in the playoffs.

19. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    The Celtics (Olynyk's team) are rising. I could see them going as far as the Conference Finals against Clevleand.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004

yeah, i mean it should be a great series. i do think the thunder have made some strides and seem to be figuring out how to play as a team more under donovan as the season has progressed. and yeah, durant and westbrook would both be in my current top 5 so no argument here on that front. but i think the spurs have the deeper, better team and that home court would give them the slight edge.

Mace Windu is Awesome likes this.
  21. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Spurs can slide Danny Green onto Westbrook, and leave Kawhi on KD. Westbrook still lights up the Spurs every time I have watched the Spurs/Thunder match up. There's a possibility the Thunder can knock out the Spurs even without homecourt advantage, but it'll take KD/Westbrook going God mode an entire series, and the entire Thunder supporting cast stepping up on an away court. Back in 2012 when they won 4 straight against SA, it was the supporting cast that killed the Spurs(Harden, Ibaka, Sefalosha), but in 2014 it was the Thunder's lack of bench firepower that could match up with SA's bench which was their undoing. The Thunder's length, athleticism, ability to close out on shooters and deflect passes, seem to give the Spurs the most trouble out of all the other contenders.

As for matching up against the Dubs, they have a slight chance of knocking them out, but like said up above, KD/Westbrook have to be on fire and the supporting cast must show up. I must admit I haven't watched the Thunder recently the past month or so. How is their offense? Is it still iso iso? Or did Donovan actually implement an offensive system so they can get easy buckets?

tom likes this.
  22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    there's a lot more movement and flow than there was before yeah, and the supporting players seem involved. kanter makes things happen around the basket. i watched them play early in the season against the heat and it was iso/iso with kd and westbrook basically taking turns the whole game. but they seem to have finally figured that out, though they have spells where they will revert. thunder/warriors was a good game, bummer you missed it.

23. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah but they're UNLIMITED SUPERSTARS

If any teams gonna beat the Warriors it's the cavs. But that's not gonna happen

24. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    How are the Cavs better than the Thunder? Benches are both deep, Thunder have better coach, and have two superstars compared to one.

25. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    We don't know if the thunder have the better coach, and we also don't know if the cavs only have one superstar. If Lue keeps using love as effectively as he has, both of your last two statements are going to end up being wrong.

Also, the cavs give the Warriors matchup problems that the thunder don't.

ChefCurryWindu likes this.