main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Zach Lowe is so damn good.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The League ruled it was a missed call on the travel by Westbrook. However, I agree with Tom that's not the reason why the Warriors lost the game.

That was a punch to the mouth to Dub Nation fo show. Tip of the hat to OKC.

OKC was able to flip the script on the Dubs; making them take some bad shots and creating a bunch of turnovers in the second half. The Warriors only scored 14 points in the fourth quarter. Once the Thunder took the lead, they slowed the game down walked the ball up the court and got into their half court offense and defensively, bothered Curry and tried to stick to his hip.

The Warriors were successful offensively for the most part in drawing Addams outside the paint, as the Warriors would often attack the rim when Addams moved towards the 3 point line. Draymond seemed like he always went to the hoop when Addams guarded him that far out.

I've been hearing a bunch of crack backs on the Dub fans on this morning on sports talk radio and alot of them are pretty funny, like this one where a caller said something about 90% of Warriors fans are bandwagon fans showing up about 2 years ago and long time Warriors fans going back to 3 years ago. As a life long Warriors fan, there's alot of truth to that. Before the "We Believe" year, when the 8th seed Warriors team knocked out the No. 1 seed Mavericks team, the Warriors couldn't give tickets away. The team had to sell game plans marketing the opposing teams, like the Lakers, Heat, etc.

Anyway, I expect a much better game from the Warriors in game two.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Also, let's be honest about one thing:

NO star in the NBA should be upset about a ref not calling travelling on another player. None. Everyone's gotten away with it about a hundred times more often than they've gotten called for it.

The Mad Zookeeper likes this.
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think Cleveland will have much rust to knock off in Game 1. I expect them to keep up what they've been doing in the playoffs and light up the scoreboard given how Toronto had a tough time with the Heat.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    the Sixers tanking plan pays off again. They must be pissed they missed out on the #1 last year tho. Still, they'll add another piece now, and the Lakers can pick whoever is left of Simmons and Ingram

Boring lottery tho

8. epic

Jul 4, 1999
  9. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Lakers fans happy to have #2 pick in lottery, what has become of the NBA?

10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The fans should petition the NBA to have the 76ers give up their pick. That way they don't ruin the career of a promising young talent.

11. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    sam hinke died for this

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Cavs would have won by sixty if they had chemistry

xblackout, tom, Bardan_Jusik and 3 others like this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I remember the days when the Dubs hoped to win the Lottery. I remember jumping up and down when the Warriors got the number one pick back in the day and drafted Joe Smith with that pick.

Cavs are just on a different level than the Raptors. I see almost the same thing happening in Game 2.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the lottery is only ever really exciting when there is a shaq or tim duncan or lebron in the draft. doesn't happen very often.

also, how pissed is espn that they drew the eastern conference finals this year?

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd be careful reading too much into the Cavs big win last night. Two things to keep in mind:

1) It's Cleveland
    2) The Spurs completely beat down the Thunder in game one of their series and lead many to declare that series over.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    You're being over cautious Inty. Trumping both those points:

3) it's Toronto

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  17. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    pity Simmons isn't going to the Olympics, Australia could have fielded a fairly OKish team:

Bogut
    Simmons
    Ingles
    Exum
    Dellavedova

given in the 90s Australia had Luc Longley playing in the NBA and that's about it, they've come a long way talent wise.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    It's my job to be overly cautious. I promised myself I wouldn't get my hopes up this season. When the Warriors when 500-0 to start the season, it was evidence that I simply shouldn't get my hopes up. When the Warriors broke the Bulls 72-win record, it was more evidence that I shouldn't get my hopes up, that this wasn't the "next year" I've been waiting for. When that 73-win campaign was coincided with the Spurs having the tremendous season they had, it was the icing on my "don't get your hopes up" cake.

Then ... the playoffs started. And LeBron looks like Playoff LeBron. And Love is averaging a Double-Double, even though he can't hit a two-point shot to save his life. And Kyrie and LeBron started looking like they gelled on the court. And the small-ball lineup started working. And ...

19. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    I'm not saying you won't lose in the finals, mind... :p

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    DA CAVS....

(this is all I have to muster at this point, other than potentially lol@Warriors...)

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you don't have to post dp, really we're fine.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That cuts, tom... :(

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    just teasing buddy. mostly i am worried that the warriors are going to come out tight tonight, in real trouble for the first time all year, and that you will have reason to lol.

25. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i was thinking, well the Lakers didn't get no 1 so it isn't rigged.
    then i just heard dikembe motumbo tweeted a congratulations to the Sixers 5 hours beforehand [face_plain]