main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Almost everyone over here in New Zealand is loving seeing Adams kick ass for Oklahoma. Big lead at half time.

2. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    didn't say green wasn't, i don't think. my problem is the ignoring of fouls that leads to people flailing, and the people that aren't flailing having fouls ignored. there's a problem. it's pretty much that simple.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    ESPN is gonna be pissed if it's Toronto vs OKC

4. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    oh... hey... green tripped again, and no foul. it's almost as bad as the no traveling calls. ever. -_-

not talking about just the fouls on green, talking about in general.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Good, Green deserves to get thrown into the scorer's table.

6. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    because wanting someone to potentially get hurt is such a grown up attitude.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    That must make Green the ultimate child then.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  8. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    he reminds me a lot of rodman or artest. loved when he's on your team, hated by every other team/fanbase in the league.

timmoishere likes this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    8 games into the Conference Finals, the home team is a combined 7-1.

10. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Thumbs up and props to OKC, I underestimated them in the regular season but I got humbled. Credit to their defense for making us uncomfortable. I think we peaked too early in the season and shouldn't have cared about the Bulls record. It's best to peak now in the playoffs like what OKC is doing. Durant and GOATbrook are playing like the superstars they are, and the OKC bench has definitely stepped it up against SA and now GSW. Durant has even stepped up his defense rotating and getting blocks at the rim, reminds me of peak Lebron doing that on the Heat.

As for the Dubs, down 1-3, not looking good, but take it one game at a time. But the way OKC is playing right now, they are peaking at the right time, it will be damn hard to win 3 straight against them, albeit impossible. Anyone else reminded that OKC's run looks eerily similar to the 2011 Mavs? Both are peaking in the playoffs, and the entire team has stepped up.

11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I gotta say zookeeper guy, for having no dog in the fight your posts seem a little not...that...way. ;)

Honestly if you're rooting for GSW you probably wanted Green suspended anyway. Not just because of his performance the past two, but I think you'd prefer a Warriors team that feels wronged vs. facing a Thunder team that feels wronged. Especially Russ.

PS if whoever took Green & Love's mojo could give it back to just Love, that'd be great...

*Unless it's God, in which case lol we know that's not happening.

DarthIntegral and dp4m like this.
  12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Even with the duo of Durant & Westbrook? I'm not sure.

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Michael Jordan let Cleveland tie up the Bulls at two games each in the 1992 ECF.

I don't need to go on about how that turned out.

14. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    i've kinda started talking more about the general problem rather than the specific players lloyd. just sayin'.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

[​IMG]

LloydChristmas and xblackout like this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Wow, the Thunder is just looking unbeatable. By just watching this series you think the Thunder had a 73 win season. What's been most impressive about the Thunder is their defense. Their players don't give up plays defensively. There were so many blocked and forced altered shots at the rim that made the Warriors frustrated and out of rhythm. Moreover, they forced a huge amount of turnovers and turned them into fast break points. Additionally, they're denying Curry the ball. He been having to work really hard to find open shots and we he does, he can't make them probably because he's spending so much energy running around. I mean, he missed two layups.

The only player that showed up last night for the Warriors was Klay Thompson. Too bad he had foul trouble and had to go the bench when the Warriors were trying to make a comeback.

OKC is up 3-1. Nobody saw this coming a month or so ago, as there were many discussions of Durant leaving OKC. Nobody is talking about that now.

Anyway, Game 5 is about defending home court for the Dubs and trying to right the ship.

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Two star players on one team won't cut it for them. They want the LeBron vs Curry rematch.

18. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    They'd prefer OKC v Cavs but OKC v Cavs ain't half bad either. Just as long as Toronto isn't there....

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Which would you rank higher for them? OKC vs. Cavs? Or OKC vs. Cavs?

20. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    I am really enjoying watching Westbrook suck out Curry's soul and expose him for what he is.
    I've been real anti-OKC the last few years, but man, I should have listened to some of you guys that said watch out for them when the playoffs started. Good call, guys.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Expose Curry for what he is? What exactly is Curry?

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Usually a mix of spices ad herbs which form some form of fragrant spiciness from mild to extremely hot. Usually found in the south Asian region.

23. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    ://// oops. Worst thing is I wasn't even drunk when I posted that

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    C'mon, please Raptors tonight, we need one of them "nobody saw us coming" miracle comeback stories that are so dangblasted endearing. Gotta win one in Cleveland eventually!

25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Looking at highlights from yesterday's game in OKC, my thoughts turned to the 2007 series between Golden State and Dallas in 2007. The fans were crazy in Oakland, and the Warriors ran the Mavericks off the court. The difference is that a lot of people saw that "upset" coming (it was anything but). Not many people expected this series to go the way it has so far.