main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    almost mentioned the brow. problem there is the mvp almost always comes from a good team, like at least a top 4 seed. don't see the pelicans getting there even if he does go off.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Emeka Okafor wants to come back and play for a contender.

Rumors are that it's the Warriors.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey Guys!

Guess who just booked his flight to Cleveland for October 25th to see the Cavs take on the Knicks. Oh, and by the way, see a banner and ring ceremony?

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Knicks won something for a banner ceremony? :p

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    inty, that's awesome. do you know folks with season tix or are you just trying to get on right at the first second like i am with blazers/warriors tickets?

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    My brother has partial season tickets and "a connection" ... He's confident he'll get us a pair.

If not. I don't care. I'll pay significant upcharge on the secondary market if need be. I'm not missing this

LloydChristmas and tom like this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    which tickets go for more on the secondary market? cavs home opener/ring ceremony or warriors home opener/durant debut (against the spurs)? i feel like the warriors game will probably be the most expensive opening day ticket in league history.

9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably the one that's a Mecca for tech bros over the one that's practically the definition of a blue collar town.

The discrepancy in Finals tickets was aaaaamazing (and the Cavs tix were certainly not giveaways)

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    If anything can be learned from the past 3+ seasons of Laker basketball, is that the league will never tire of scheduling them on Christmas Day.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That's because a significant portion of the TV audience will never tire of seeing the Lakers lose.

PCCViking likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Can't argue against that. :p

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    DarthIntegral and xblackout like this.
  15. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    The Lakers are signing epic Milwaukee Bucks bust Yi Jianlian to a contract. Seems like a weird move.

16. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    The Lakers are signing epic Milwaukee Bucks bust Yi Jianlian to a contract. Seems like a weird move.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Watching this game, I need a trade machine link that shows a viable trade that sends Boogie to the Cavs without giving up James, Love, or Irving ...

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Watching this game, I need a trade machine link that shows a viable trade that sends Boogie to the Cavs without giving up James, Love, or Irving ...

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That says a lot about the nba

tom likes this.
  21. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    that... would be such a dumb trade for the kings.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    They are good at doing dumb things.

23. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    well, i suppose i should say that that being an "equal" trade is one of the dumbest things i've seen this year. and that's seriously saying something.

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i never meant to imply it was equal. it was a joke. god, give me some credit.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The only implication of equality as salaries being "equal enough" to make the deal work under NBA Salary Cap rules.

It says a lot about the NBA that Thompson and Boogie are equivalent salaries in that sense.

CT-867-5309 and tom like this.