main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

10.0%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

40.0%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

5.0%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

40.0%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

5.0%
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I hope Ainge gets lost in his sea of chances, decides that a better opportunity is always going to be available, and never pulls the trigger on a blockbuster trade to bring in a legit star. This results in the Celtics topping out as a 55-win team capable of making the Conference Finals, but never a legit title contender.

Edit: the last three teams to win 45+ games and get a top-five pick selected:

Sam Bowie
    Len Bias
    Darko

So, if Boston can keep that run going ...

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And he probably doesn't even realize he's torpedoing his son's NBA chances everytime he opens his mouth.

JEDI-RISING and PCCViking like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Lavar Ball is a jerk for sure.

The media should stop giving this guy a platform to speak to the masses and just put him on ignore.

5. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    LaVar Ball is the primary reason I am rooting for his son to be the biggest bust in NBA history. That'll go a long way in shutting that big mouth of his.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

PCCViking likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't wish bad things on the kid just because of his father. I feel bad for all three of those kids.

However, I wouldn't lose sleep if LaVar Ball ended up with a permanent case of laryengitis.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I don't find him particularly likable, but he seems very devoted to his kids.

Would never wish failure on the kids just because the dad likes to talk and/or promote overpriced shoes - nor do I think Lonzo will fail. The kid is a special talent.

tom and KnightWriter like this.
  8. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Can we just cancel the remainder of the conference finals and get on with the Finals?

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i am officially terrified of lebron james.

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Fun fact. Counting playoffs, LeBron has now played more career minutes than Shaq.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Olynyk was less effective than a traffic cone trying to guard LeBron.

LeBron was averaging about 42 minutes again before last night's game in this year's playoffs and played in 6 straight NBA finals, which explains his played NBA minutes. Plus, James was drafted right out of high school.

James won't win the regular season MVP, but he's certainly been the MVP of the playoffs.

Runjedirun and heels1785 like this.
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think the point was more how amazing he still is after all those miles, rather than people being confused about how time works. but thanks as always, ric olie. :p

lebron has been the best player in the playoffs no question, but i think there's an argument for kawhi for playoff mvp after the last 5 and a half quarters.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    This is the end of Lebron's 14th season. He's now three wins away from having more seasons end with a trip to the NBA Finals than seasons that didn't.

Let that stat soak in.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Oh tom, always the critic of me. Not that anyone else has ric olie moments, including yourself. I mean, liking a post for stating this is LeBron 14th season and he's just three wins away from another trip to the NBA finals shows your dislike of some posters and probably some person bias.

Isaiah Thomas is more of a playoff MVP than Kawhi. Kawhi didn't even play in the close out game against the Rockets and was on the bench during overtime in Game 5 of that series.

16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    At the rate the Warriors and Cavs are going, their first postseason losses this year will be in the Finals.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, i find your posts annoying. you caught me. well spotted.

isaiah has been my favorite story of the playoffs and i'm still rooting for him hard, but he's also been super inconsistent. as for games five and six of the houston series, did you watch the games? the rockets were completely gassed at the end of game 5 with harden just holding the ball for the whole shot clock and then jacking a 30 footer. and then they didn't show up at all for game 6. sure, it sparked a lot of stupid "maybe they don't need kawhi" hyperbole but it's pretty hard to go back to that after where they were in game 1 against the warriors and where they are now.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That very well maybe the case if Coach Pop sits Kawhi from the remainder of the playoffs like he did with Tim Duncan awhile back.

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

Juliet316, PCCViking and tom like this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    And it would be the third straight final appearance by the Dubs and the Cavs.

The Spurs have little hope of beating the Dubs without Kawhi.

The Celtics don't look like a number one seed.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol ssp, i hope you know i give you a hard time in good fun and i apologize if that doesn't always come across.

anyway, all-nba teams!

1st: harden, westbrook, james, leonard, davis
    2nd: isaiah, curry, kd, giannis, gobert
    3rd: wall, derozan, butler, draymond, jordan

nothing too shocking. no cp3 for the first time in a while, but he did miss a lot of time and wall and derozan were both deserving. i kind of thought kd might get bumped to third team for the same reason.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Paul George missing out means no Supermax contract. Means the difference in resigning with Indy and signing elsewhere (Lakers) is much smaller. Gotta think that pushes him closer to leaving, and probably drops Indy's bargaining position, ever so slightly. George to the Lakers is probably happening this Summer. Russel as the chip?

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think the lakers would obviously give up russell and ingram. if they're adding lonzo ball and paul george it makes their positions redundant. but would that be enough? the celtics can offer more but would probably fear it turning into a one year rental. still the lakers would probably have to add their 2019 first rounder to the package at least.

24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Surprised that DeAndre made it in over Towns.

DarthTunick likes this.
  25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's a little surprising, but i think a case of rewarding the guy on a playoff team which the voters often do.