main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    My jaw literally just dropped right now when I checked ESPN.com. It's 72-31 Cleveland. That's not so much a lead or even a route as a complete annihilation.

Juliet316 and Runjedirun like this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Anyone else tired of the Warriors and Cavs' opponents not bothering to show up?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I actually feel a little sorry for people who bought tickets tonight. No real hope for the Spurs either, but I doubt they'll lose this bad. Out of morbid curiosity I just put the game on. I know Thomas is out. But the score is ridiculous.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just hope that the Cavs won't need 20 of those points for the next couple games or the next round.

5. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Its like watching a video game.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  7. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I don't want to say this series is over but... this series is over. The WCF are almost certainly over. I just want to see both Cleveland and Golden State get into the finals with a minimum of injury and stress.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    "We can get better" - LeBron, post game press conference last night.

KnightWriter likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Accompanied by horror music.;)

PCCViking likes this.
  10. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001

Did you ever think a time like this was possible back in the day, Inty?

DarthIntegral likes this.
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, the next two games in both series, assuming both the Cavs and Warriors sweep, will be seen as nothing more than practice for those teams before the finals. Especially considering there will be an entire week between the end of those series and Game 1 of the finals.

13. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Assuming that's what happens, it will be not unlike the leadup to the college football title game. I think it will be the most anticipated finals since 1985, when Magic and Bird met after going seven games in 1984. Jordan never had to contend with a team like the Warriors, with the closest version probably being in 1993, when the Suns fielded a team that was a bit like Golden State. He went for 55 in Game 4 of that series, and I think it was his most dominating effort overall. They needed it, because the Suns were right there with them (the total points for the series ended at 640-640).

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    There is definitely a lot on the line for both teams. This will be their third consecutive meeting in the finals. For the Warriors, with all the hype around them, they can really begin to establish a dynasty by winning it this year. But if they lose two years in a row, especially to the same team, then a lot of that hype deflates, and they simply can't continue touting themselves as the best team in the league anymore, and then it becomes a must win in 2018 or else they're just a one and done at that point. For the Cavs, I don't think Lebron can afford another loss in the finals if he wants to be considered the greatest of all time or even be in the running for it. So he's definitely going to be leading the way for them. That's what I'm most looking forward to watching. Everything Lebron has worked towards comes down to this series, and he's going to put everything he has into it and put it all on the line. I expect his performances in this series to be the absolute pinnacle of his career up until now.

Also, if the Warriors do end up losing, I really hope it doesn't default to the excuse that it was because of Steve Kerr's absence. But I think it will, just to save face.

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Maybe.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    a great basketball game has unexpectedly broken out at the quicken loans arena.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Knew we were going to need some of those points from Friday night.

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i sort of don't believe what i just saw.

19. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    What the heck just happened? I thought the Celtics would be swept, since IT was gone. And Marcus Smart with 27 points? The guy never comes close to half that 75% of the time, he's a defensive player.... and James with only 11 points at home is insane.

20. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Cavs come out to the Monstars theme, LeBron plays like he got his power sucked away by them.

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE TUNE SQUAD ANYWAY DAMNIT what were you thinkinggggg

[​IMG]

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm gonna chalk that up to:

1) Cleveland almost never clinches at home, so the series needed to go back to Boston
    2) Brad Stevens is one hell of a coach
    3) Ewing Theory
    4) God forgetting that he no longer hates Cleveland.

Juliet316, tom and PCCViking like this.
  22. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    This is good. This means more games before June 1st, which is when the finals start. Had we had 2 sweeps, I believe we would've had over a week with zero games before the finals start.

PCCViking likes this.
  23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I had to search my memory, but this isn't the first time Popovich has been swept. The 2010 Suns swept the Spurs in the second round.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    tom, Sith_Sensei__Prime Sweeping their way to The Finals, regardless of some circumstances? One hell of a great achievement for the Dubs.

tom and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  25. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I think the Lakers swept them in the WCF in 2001. That was a transitional year for the franchise, as Sean Elliott retired and Avery Johnson left the team in free agency. Their respective replacements the next year? Bruce Bowen (free agency) and Tony Parker (via the draft).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk