main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  2. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Very sad to see this because the Warriors are a bunch of arrogant a-holes and I hate them.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Sith_Sensei__Prime, tom Enjoy; even win all the noise around this current team, it's still a hell of an achievement.

tom and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  5. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Happy to see the Warriors win.

The athleticism on display by the players on both teams leaves me stunned and amazed, more than at any other team sport. Basketball is great, and I really need to watch more of it.

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    The backboard dunk can still be on LeBron Mode 2k27.

I do think the Cavs need a roster move. Make a splash and compete even harder next year. Shock the world.

They need...Delly back.

tom, DarthTunick and xblackout like this.
  7. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Disband the rest of the league and just have the Warriors and Cavaliers, loaded with the best talent in the league. There could be a draft of sorts.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LeBron James and Kevin Durant hugging made my night after some of the nastiness.

darthdrago and tom like this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Yeah... no.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Kevin Durant is still the worst.

11. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Hello I don't watch basketball ever but was this not expected a year ago when the team that made it to game 7 of the world series or whatever signed the best player in the league in the offseason? I thought the NBA had salary caps what is this hilariousness?

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    TV deals beneficial to the League kicked in allowing clubs to have more money to sign certain players.

13. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    plus the Warriors really lucked out signing Curry to his deal just before he blew up

Juliet316, tom and LloydChristmas like this.
  14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

It would be nice to see you & Vivec around this thread during the entire season. :p

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Not perfect, but 16-1 has a nice "ring" to it.

darthdrago and JEDI-RISING like this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Dreaded double post.

17. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't watch. Not bitter or disappointed. It was pretty much a forgone conclusion and I am sure I missed some good basketball. But I love basketball and it will be back in November with teams I like.

Disbanding the league is the dumbest idea ever. We'd have done it years ago and it would be a Celtics/Lakers game every year. But what we get is teams trading good rides. It's the Warriors turn but stay tuned someone else will take over when you least expect.

tom likes this.
  18. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Now that that's over, they really need to change the rule that allows a shooter to pull back his shot and then jump right into an oncoming defender while basically just chucking the ball in the air in the direction of the basket so he can get the foul call and two or three free throws. Just in the few games I was able to watch this postseason I saw Steph Curry do that a number of times. And it was blatant, I mean a good long pause after pulling back the shot, clearly waiting for an oncoming defender to get close, and then a jump right into him while flailing the ball out of his hands. Foul called, three shots awarded. I'm not saying it needs to go so far as being an offensive foul, but the refs ought to be given the authority to at least negate the shot due to the overt attempt for the offensive shooter to initiate the contact.

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    almost as sad about four months without basketball as i am happy that the warriors won. congrats fellow warriors fans, condolences to my cavs friends. should be a compelling offseason, just so so long.

20. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I gotta say...that whole being champions thing was fun. It'd be nice to do it again but I'll never forget the experience. One of the best experiences of my life tbh (not the arbitrary sphere-going-through-a-ring part, just all the emotional things that surrounded it).

Love this team and am wearing a Cavs shirt all day today. On to the next one.

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Even though the Lakers may end up regretting not drafting Lonzo Ball, should they decided to do so, his father's reaction could be priceless. :p Aside from that, I'm most interested to see where Chris Paul ends up... got a feeling that the Spurs will indeed end up with him.

Also, because there's increasing chatter about it, the whole LeBron-to-La La La Land in 2018 rumors

Who the hell knows how that'll turn out/how viable it all even is... even with the 2016 triumph, there's still things to be done in Cleveland.

One last thing!: hoping to save some $$$ to surprise my brother with All Star Game tickets, since it'll be just 3-days after his birthday. If not the game, then maybe All Star Saturday (which ought to be at The Forum... hell, the game itself should be there).

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My reaction is "Season is over for now, thanks for great basketball, now on to the draft." Congratulations Warriors fans.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Part of my reaction is now we can begin the countdown to NFL Training Camps next month!

24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    The main reason I look forward to the Tour de France is that means we're a month away from the NFL preseason games. :D

25. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Well, if it means anything, the 85 Bears also had only one loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk