main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    PG13 and Russzilla, wow. That'll be fun.

And maybe both to the Lakers the year after?

xblackout and DarthTunick like this.
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    That certainly would be fantastic.

5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i love how in the nba max deals Blake makes just about as much as James, Curry and Durant o_O

6. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Wow the NBA has gone insane tonight.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    T-Wolves add some shooting with Teague. Looking better there. Rubio seems a terrible fit in Utah, they'll crush his fun loving basketball soul. Utah had cap space they were going to lose, so why not.

Getting PG13 is great, but OKC is still not as good as they were when they had KD. They need one more. They're going after Rudy Gay.

Hayward is getting a much bigger fuss than he deserves. He's good, but he's not that good. But, everyone needs at least three "star" players to compete for a title these days, and he counts as a number two or three.

Livingston is another overrated guy. He's not that important there. I'd much rather have Iggy at an extra $5 million per year, he's the guy who makes the plays that win games for them.

tom likes this.
  8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well it's so nice I actually latched onto a team that is trying. Gonna miss Olidipo. You watch 80 games you get attached to everyone. But this is how it's done today so welcome Paul George (PG 13)! And yea, let's go for broke hope you are right CT-867-5309. But at least hopefully the Thunder will get out of the first round. Getting excited for November!

9. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    For about a week, I thought Patty Mills would be leaving the Alamo City...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i totally agree that andre is by far the more important player, but i really love shaun and i'm glad they brought him back. hopefully they can still keep iggy too. i have to say that i'm a little surprised that steph took a max deal. going to make it hard to keep the team together when klay and draymond's contracts come up mostly because of the precedent that it sets. if steph had taken a little less those guys probably would have followed suit, but it was his turn to get paid and i don't think the warriors probably mind going into the luxury tax, and i am of course glad to see him locked up for five years.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Sounds like Rudy Gay is close to a lock for Okie City, as well. That's a scary trio of shooters.

12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Apparently the Wolves wanted Redick, he would have really helped their spacing, but he went to Philly instead. I'm guessing $23 million was way more than the Wolves were offering.

They got him.

Me, too. I guess I just assumed they had all agreed to take less.

They paid Livingston and Iggy, and you know KD is coming back. I wonder if the ownership has decided to just pay everyone and laugh at the luxury tax as they win one championship after another and still make a ton of money doing it.

Would certainly make them better than when Russ was the first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth options for them.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Here's going to be one of those 'What - ifs" for years to come. Remember when Phil was first hired to run the Knicks organization (to the ground) and his first choice for a coach was Steve Kerr. Kerr went to the Warriors. Now, Three Finals appearances and two championships later, how would things be different if Kerr had originally taken the Knicks job?

14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    The Warriors would still be awesome and the Knicks would still be crap

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Taj Gibson signs with Minnesota

epic are you gonna root for the Timberbulls this season?

DarthIntegral likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    The luxury (and repeater) tax is nothing to laugh at though. When guys with more money than God like Gilbert and Prokhorov get skiddish about it, you know it's for real.

Warriors roster could end up costing around $300m a year soon-- for context, the Yankees (who wrote the book on opening checkbooks with Steinbrenner) spent about $300m in luxury tax payments from 2003-2016 combined. Hell Lacob bought the team for $450m.

Durant taking less money is what really helped sign IguoadalaOH BLOCKED BY JAMES (sorry that's his name to me now)...even as it runs counter to LeBron's message of signing the max in Cle-- which was to say it should be owners ponying up for competitive rosters instead of players taking cuts.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The Miami Heat have finally released Chris Bosh and are paying him the remainder of his contract.

19. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    definitely will be my 2nd team. they have a good thing going.

as for the Bulls, I'm glad the tank has begun because we were on a treadmill otherwise if we kept Butler. just a shame we couldn't get more future picks in the deal, and even more of a shame we had to include our own this year :/ but stars don't get much value these days

it will be a rough few years but at least there's a plan now instead of signing ageing vets and hoping for the best. we should have started this last year

fire GarPax and bring in Hinkie I say

LloydChristmas likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I cannot recommend this course nearly enough. Trust The Process. With the course the east is currently on, a minor tank on the part of the Bulls will have you competing with the 76ers for a top 2-3 spot in no time.

KnightWriter likes this.
  21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Boston got Hayward but who the hell are their bigs? Horford and Crowder? I guess they'll just make room for Hayward and figure it out. It's not a big man's league, anyway. Still, apparently they're putting a lot on Zizic, a 20 year old who hasn't played a minute in the NBA. Will probably pick up a veteran big on the minimum.

OKC got Patrick Patterson. He's not as good as Rudy Gay, but he can shoot. Should be an interesting season for them. At least you get a sense they have more of a chance. Watch PG13 and Patterson suddenly become the worst shooters in the NBA playing with Russ. Nah, Patterson is inconsistent so he might not be able to handle playing with Russ, but PG13 was one of the best catch and shoot guys in the entire NBA last year. Only Dirk and Klay averaged more catch and shoot ppg than him last year, and he shot 42% on catch and shoot 3s, and had a 60% EFG on catch and shoot. That's really good. If PG13 suddenly can't shoot next year...maybe it's not everyone else, maybe it's Russ.

22. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Hayward won't get the Celtics past the Cavs. They really didn't have to offer too much though and they could have had Butler to go with him, though, and they might have had a chance. Ainge better hope those future picks he's holding onto pay off.

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Boston with Hayward and George or Butler? Scary.
    Boston with just Hayward? I think their current ceiling is the ECF.

Who knows, maybe with Hayward there, someone (Unibrow?) asks for a trade and Ainge can parlay some of those assets. As it is, I believe they have to jettison a few assets just to have the cap room for Hayward. So, not sure the Hayward acquisition is the slam dunk Boston fans (and Bill Simmons, in particular) are hoping it is.

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Swaggy P to the Warriors

[​IMG]

25. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Some chatter Boston might make a move for Marc Gasol though, which would be a nightmare for the Cavs.

But I'd think they'd wanna hold onto their assets, let their young guys develop around Hayward until LeBron starts to decline (he will right?) and GSW has to re-tool (they will right?)