main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Surely he gets talked down off of the ledge. Surely.

Got a good thing going right now.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001

DarthIntegral has always struck me as a level-headed and reasonable person.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    heels was referring to Kyrie there.

4. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001

[​IMG]

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm serious. I'm going to take game 7 of last year's finals and walk away from sports.

dp4m likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    time to hit him with the paddles

clear

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and LloydChristmas like this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    There's got to be more to this right? He doesn't want to play with LeBron James? Who has literally ever said that? Boozer I guess, that worked out real well.

Cavs ran the play for Ky to hit The Shot, he put up 55 & 57-point games, everyone noted that he bailed out LeBron against Boston...hell I watched him dribble & clank away Game 3 (with an open 'Bron!) in this year's Finals. Idea that he's not getting his due is confusing.

Plus if that's his beef, Spurs isn't the answer lol.

And can it really be a Gilbert thing cause he listed the KNICKS as a landing spot.

I'm hoping this is overblown.

Runjedirun, tom and DarthIntegral like this.
  10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    #2 is right out. I can't stomach Irving on the Heat. That's a non-starter for me.
    #3 is tempting, because it helps with the **** the Warriors plan. Though, if that's the plan, go for this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y79yhnnf
    #4 is tempting, because of the LOL factor of trading Love back to the T'Wolves for Wiggins. If they could find a way to throw in Anthony Bennett, maybe.

But the answer is the Knicks trade. Porzingis keeps you young enough that you don't hate giving up Irving as much. I'd prefer it without the Love/Melo swap, but ...

tom and LloydChristmas like this.
  11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    DarthIntegral and tom like this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Irving for Boogie Cousins? Straight up, one for one. Irving can move to 2 guard aside Jrue, Cleveland gets a true center.

Would have to include Cousins extending past his one year, I imagine. Spitballing here.

13. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    DarthIntegral, heels1785 and tom like this.
  14. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Trump
    OJ
    NBA Offseason drama

what a time
    to be alive

15. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...unction-surrounding-kyrie-irving-trade-demand

Assuming this is comprehensive, and I tend to trust McMenamin to be, really makes Gilbert look the worst (surprise). Lowballing Griff was the catalyst for things spinning outta control.

But the idea that Kyrie is jealous of John Wall and the Dame, I mean...wow. Really sees himself as Kobe. The lack of self-awareness is astonishing (or would be if it wasn't coming from someone who thought the world was flat).

Sucks that's what could rob us of more fun Cavs moments and highlights with LeBron, but I learned a long time ago not to let where 25-year-olds decide to play basketball determine happiness. Plus I love his game and he hit The Shot-- don't know if I have it in me to totally sports-despise the guy.

And if it's between Kyrie leaving his squad to be his own dude and KD punking his team to join their 73-win biggest rivals, gimme Uncle Drew every time.

One big thing in all of this though: bless up, Kevin Love. This dude *really* faced the things Ky is complaining about, and if he asked for a trade I don't think a lot of peeps would blame him. Instead he committed to his teammates and played a pretty damn good Finals. If I gotta replace my Uncle Drew jersey (I don't, I have too many already) then at least there's a clear replacement.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Contracts are a flat circle...

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Take it from someone whose team won one of a small number of Game 7s in history that rival Game 7 in 2016: No matter what happens, you'll always have that win.

18. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    i like the simmons idea:

knicks get: irving, shump expiring
    suns get: franky nicotine, fry's expiring
    cavs get: melo, bledsoe

19. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
  20. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
  21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Dirk Nowitzki and Russel Westbrook are the only active NBA players to win the MVP and not be playing for the Warriors or Cavs this season.

(Unless the Cavs trade Irving and Love for George and Westbrook, and then pick up Dirk as well)

22. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Coincidentally, they're the only active players to win MVP without winning a playoff series.

And what about Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard? They're MVPs too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    What season did Tony Parker win MVP? Or Kawhi?

I'm not talking All-Star Game MVP or Finals MVP. Just the MVP award itself.

24. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Finals MVP has to count equal to or greater than the regular season MVP because with the exception of Jerry West, Finals MVP = winning a championship (which should be the primary goal in sports).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i disagree. finals mvp is a great achievement, but being the best player among two teams for 4-7 games isn't as impressive as being recognized as the best in the entire league over the course of 82. but even if someone agrees with your take it doesn't change the fact that it's obviously not what inty was talking about, you don't gotta shoehorn your spurs guys into every conversation.