main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, ads on jerseys especially if they net a team millions of dollars over the course of just three years means that every three years, you sell that space to the highest bidder for even more money. Companies are obviously going to go after the popular teams first; which they should; and the prices that teams will charge will increase monumentally every three years for that space.

2. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, ads on jerseys especially if they net a team millions of dollars over the course of just three years means that every three years, you sell that space to the highest bidder for even more money. Companies are obviously going to go after the popular teams first; which they should; and the prices that teams will charge will increase monumentally every three years for that space.

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    sponsors on jerseys is obviously already a big thing in, for example, football. man united's deal with chevrolet is worth $559m over 7 years. insane. at least they're a little more subtle (so far) on the nba jerseys.

tom likes this.
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I find it tolerable (even with the aesthetic issues involved) in football because of the nature of the sport... the 45+ minutes of commercial free play in each half. There ought to be better ways for the NBA/teams to seek out more revenue streams than this.

Guidman and epic like this.
  5. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    The nightmare scenario is the jerseys of our favorite teams looking like NASCAR vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

6. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Basically turning into European hockey teams:

[​IMG]

7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
  8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    PG-13 / Russ / Melo might be the best "big three" in the League (though, obviously, the "big 4" in Golden State trumps it). Amazing how little OKC gave up to and Melo and George.

Runjedirun likes this.
  10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    A best big 3 should compliment eachother. I'm struggling to see how Russ and Melo in particular do that.

Still, they gave up next to nothing so you roll the dice on the deal anyway if you're OKC.

11. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Thunder dumped dead weight Kanter and got Melo. I am so happy! I was happy he went to NYC, sorry it never worked there and hopeful for a good season this year. As an OKC fan I'm happy, Presti makes deals.

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The fit is somewhat questionable. But if Melo is willing to play the Kevin Love role - shoot threes, basically, and clear up space for PG and Russ - I think it'll work just fine. Defenses can't collapse in the paint and leave a shooter of Melo's caliber open for three.

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I appreciate the support guys but I have to remind you guys that I'm not a member of the Thunder

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    So Trump's comments about Colin Kaepernick? Yeah, it's spilled into the NBA now. Even Kobe's gotten involved.

15. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    And how funny is it that these teams play each other as their opener? OKC hosts NYC on Oct 19th.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, he's basically a stretch 4 now, which is probably a perfect transition at this point in his career. but he's also a stretch 4 who can get you buckets and exploit one on one mismatches more than love can. i think as long as they are winning people will be happy in their roles. russ shoots a lot but he also finds you if you're open. i am excited to see this team. we just watched russ average 30 a game and a triple double and carry a pretty terrible team into the playoffs. the prospect of him having real help is scary. warriors at okc november 22nd should be interesting.

Runjedirun likes this.
  17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    It's a sad day when the President of the United States is such a douche that it makes me take the side of the mother ****ing Golden State Warriors

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

And Roger Goodell!

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    But hey

Now we know "what if LeBron and Steph teamed up?"

Juliet316 , dp4m, tom and 1 other person like this.
  20. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Pop slammed Trump immediately after the election. You can always be a Spurs fan like me.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

And Kobe too!

Kobe BryantVerified account @kobebryant 9h9 hours ago
    More

A #POTUS whose name alone creates division and anger. Whose words inspire dissension and hatred can't possibly "Make America Great Again"

22. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh Nanaki you sweet newbie soul

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Killing it tonight, Lloyd, both here & elsewhere.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Ahh...so you're already a Spurs fan?

I've been a fan since the days of David Robinson, Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson, and how many coaches before Pop took over and Duncan came to town? I think David had 7 of them in his career.