main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

10.0%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

40.0%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

5.0%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

40.0%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

5.0%
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Malik Monk made me obscenely happy tonight.

tom likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Monk is outrageously talented. Seriously, anyone underestimating the Hornets is simply not paying attention.

tom and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Based on how the Cavs have played, I wouldn't say quickly :(

DarthIntegral likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm pretty surprised that the Spurs have lost three in a row. And it wouldn't surprise if the Spurs break their losing streak against the Warriors tonight even with Kawhi still out for the game nursing his quad injury.

Speaking of the Dubs, I'm really liking the rookie Jordan Bell as he's playing well on both sides of the ball and brings alot of energy off the bench. It's been money well spent on a draft pick the Dubs didn't have initially.

tom likes this.
  5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    totally agree on bell. he could be special. his skill set is pretty similar to mcgee's, which makes him a bit redundant right now, but i figure they probably won't re-sign mcgee next year and bell will get all those minutes.

as for the spurs, not really surprised by their skid. all three games were on the road against hot teams who are currently the top three teams in the east and a combined 17-7. i was honestly more surprised by their hot start without kawhi. i like the warriors tonight, hope kawhi gets back soon.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, McGee most likely won't be back next year. But I'm thinking that Bell might actually be Draymond's replacement down the road because Green will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2019-20 season and because of salary cap considerations as Klay becomes an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2018-19 season. Good thing it's nothing to worry about for two years.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i can't see bell fitting into draymond's role on offense, and i personally think that draymond is the warriors' most important player (a sentiment that has been echoed by the warriors' coaching staff and front office), so i really hope that doesn't happen. it will be hard to keep both klay and draymond, but if they have to let one go i think it will be klay. but the warriors are doing pretty well money-wise so i won't be shocked if they go way into the tax to keep the core in tact.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I never get tired of watching Damian Lillard rip another team's heart out.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    At least Lopez & Kuzma had inspired performances for the Lakers... that’s not bad.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, if i were you i'd probably be slightly worried about ball but incredibly pumped for kuzma. he doesn't seem out of his depth at all. also, is it just me or does luke walton still feel like he's an interim coach? like he seems like a nice guy and all, but when is the real coach showing up? if they do somehow land lebron they should just make him the player-coach because you know that's what's happening anyway.

DarthTunick likes this.
  11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    In other news, Kyrie is an actual idiot

Eases the suckiness of him leaving, it's like seeing an ex post a bunch of terrible memes on FB

12. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I will never understand people who think the earth is flat.....

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nanaki likes this.
  14. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
  15. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    So, what's it like having a real NBA team? Sarver has at least another 25-30 years, so it could be awhile for us here.

16. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Sorry I'm late.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL.

It was a good game. The Hornets stopped holding on as well by the middle of the third quarter and I knew the Spurs would be a challenge; just glad it was as exciting as it ended up being.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    By the way, that tattoo is legit. I got it back in 2005 after the 3rd title.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Fgs pelicans, you suck

It's weird watching games and hoping you don't win

20. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    man if the Bulls had the Cavs defence, we'd be set

21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah if the Pelicans could keep sucking and decide to trade their impending free agent monster for like...a couple of Cavs 1st-rounders that'd be cool

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think my brother nailed it. Via Text "I'm convinced the cavs practice only consists of handshake lines"

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Bledsoe to Milwaukee is a fantastic pick-up for them. Crazy to think the haul they get for him is Monroe and a low value first round pick. Cavs looking more than just vulnerable early in the season, Milwaukee able to get a piece that helps now, can align with the core, and not really give up much that impacts their ability to build for the future. Bledsoe is a fantastic fit with the Bucks.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Cavs can probably sleep walk through the regular season and walk up during the playoffs because when LeBron is motivated he's unstoppable.

25. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    When he has that fall-away going it's like...honestly kind of scary. Maybe I'm still traumatized from that Boston Game 6 (lol @ rooting for the Celtics against LeBron) but he seriously looks literally unstoppable.