main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Another huge comeback win for the Knicks!

2. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    How about them Mavs lol. 14/15 against the Wizards.

3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I've basically been able to sit down and watch 3 full Cavs games this year-- the opener vs. Boston, LeBron's 57 vs. Was, and tonight. Clearly my watching habits explain their struggles, I'm v sorry xblackout DarthIntegral

PS Giannis is even sicker than last year

PPS omg we like have a bench! They play defense kind of!

PPPS JR SMITH!!!!!

xblackout and DarthIntegral like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah. That was painful. I don’t know why the Hornets blew an 18-point lead.

I guess the bright side is that Dwight Howard didn’t flip off anyone in Madison Square Garden and get fined another $25K?

5. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Celtics are off to a good start to the season, better than I expected anyways.

Getting pummeled by the hornets now though.

6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    and still won

starfish likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ...yeah. That last quarter was ugly. The Celtics were determined not to lose at home.

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    my favorite movie.

10. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    TOM YOU BETTER BE SERIOUS AND NOT MAKING FUN ON THE NEWSIES

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i would never kid about newsies. my favorite character is probably spot collins, who constantly has to remind everyone that he's from brooklyn. but "crutchie" is also pretty amazing. and young christian bale singing about new mexico in a new york accident. it really has everything.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  12. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    WE NEED A GOOD ASSASSINATION
    WE NEED AN EARTHQUAKE OR A WAR
    “How ‘bout a 3-1 lead disintegration?”
    HEY STUPID THAT AIN’T NEWS NO MORE!

Point Given , xblackout and tom like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was not expecting the Hornets to win against the Cavaliers; I was just happy they put up a good fight.

All the ads for that game were talking about the Hornets going back to classic pinstripe uniforms and I was like, pinstripes won’t help them defeat LeBron friggin’ James.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Idk I think pinstripes add two inches to your vertical, sorta like how racing stripes add 10 horsepower to your car.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Embiid with almost a quadruple double. If he stays healthy the team is playoff bound. Glad for the franchise.

LloydChristmas and Runjedirun like this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i watched the end of the game and embiid was ridiculous. they had bogut in the game just to stop him and he was helpless. they also seem to have the right pieces around him with covington, saric, redick, and especially simmons. will they get anything from fultz? can they get an important role player to bolster the bench in exchange for jah? in any case, i'm mostly just glad for A Chorus of Disapproval.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Thank God Embiid went nuclear last night because Redick somehow could not accurately throw a basketball into the ocean. In 2 LA games, Embiid made 3 bigs foul out and one get benched. Simmons was one uncontested rebound away from this third triple double in 10 games. Lost in the other 76ers NBA headlines is that Robert Covington finally got paid and deservedly so.

I had a blast watching the Lakers. I think Lonzo is currently in way over his head but can rebound from it... but Kuzma is a joy to watch. I've watched a few Lakers games this season and I am indescribably happy that Ingram is playing so much better than his rookie season seemed to look. And, Clarkson is a monster.

But, as for my team, The Process is working. We played the broken system and it is paying off tremendously. I will now base our seasonal progress solely on how far ahead of the Cavaliers we remain in the standings. :p

I just do not want Boston in the first round of the playoffs.

18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    looking forward to the Celtics and Warriors tonight, should be a good game and I like both teams.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and tom like this.
  19. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't like either team and I still plan to watch.

LloydChristmas, starfish and tom like this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Celtics v. Warriors is certainly one of the bigger marquee games in this early part of the NBA season, but it's a long way from being a preview of the NBA Finals as the hype media machine is describing it.

The Warriors should be at full strength will Curry coming back, and I'm sure they'll be locked in for this game as the Celtics are coming in with a 13 game winning streak. It will be interesting to see how Klay and the rest of the Warriors defend Kyrie now that he's not playing along side LeBron. Kyrie has torched the Dubs in quite a few games. On the flipside, Kyrie has been D-ing up as of late, so it will be interesting how he performs tonight.

The keys for the Warriors is not turn the ball over frequently, lock down defensively and stay out of foul trouble.

starfish likes this.
  21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Hey look it's one of the only times during the season I can whole-hog root for Kyrie Irving!

...god if you collected a bunch of my posts in this thread side by side I'd look like such a schizo. THANKS NBA

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I mean. I can't even decide who/what to root for in that game. Other then injuries.

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Not sure that Walton sitting Lonzo out in these 4th quarters is smart strategy; struggles aside, how else is he going to learn, get better at the end of games? Also hope Embiid drops 47+ on another team, so his career high in points doesn’t remain against the Lakers. :p

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lonzo has a lot of time to learn. he's 19. lakers have no incentive to tank this year so walton is trying to win games. not sure that being in at the end of close games is what lonzo needs to break out of his slump, could make it worse if he costs them a game or something. he'll be back in at crunch time as soon as he shows signs of snapping out of it.

25. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I know we've yet to really see what Fultz can do, but Ainge's trading down to 3 to get Tatum, plus another first pick, is looking rather masterful right now. and if the Nets pick ends up being after 5, which looks like it will be early on, he'll have destroyed that trade too.