main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was at the 76ers game, witnessing as they took their second half loss to the Warriors out on the Jazz but I was following the Hornets game. Howard still has something left in the tank. And, by "the tank", I do not mean Kaminsky.

tom and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    yeah, beat the clippers and wolves but DONT beat the Bulls. thanks a lot

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm glad the ad was good, because the game should be horrible. Warriors by 50. And I'm totally okay with that cause OKC has been terrible! But look at those Knicks :D

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    epic , another case of blowing the lead in the fourth quarter unfortunately.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Heading over to the 76ers/Trailblazers game. Since it isn't a school night, my daughter gets to go, which is always a plus. I suspect it will be an incredibly hard fought matchup but I am in complete adoration of what a Blazers fan posted on their SB Nation page:

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    nurk might foul out in the first quarter.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I wonder if there will be cupcakes out tonight.

Last report I heard, KD is questionable for tonight's game against the Thunder. It's doubtful that he'll sit out.
    I'm looking forward to tonight's game as it's the first game I'll be seeing of the new look Thunder. From the reports I've heard, OKC has yet to find team chemistry.

8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Have you seen OKC's record? I've watched the majority of their games. Usually they go up by 20 points in the first quarter, they are up by 6 at the end of the first half, they are losing by the end of the third. Sometimes they keep it close, they almost always lose. So many people think they'll do the same in this game. You know what I think? I think Golden State will stick it to them early and OKC will get run over. Train wreck of a game. I'd love to be wrong, but OKC hasn't had any chemistry. I think the Knicks have a better shot of beating Toronto tonight and plan to watch that game.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I may not have enough voice to talk to my family tomorrow. :p I’ve spent about ten straight minutes yelling at the Hornets and they just went into overtime. I thought Kemba was about to have a Julio Jones moment but he got fouled.

Runjedirun likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Good run for Boston. Rough start tonight, couldn't dig out of it.

They'll be around at the end, I think. Well-coached and well-led team.

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I have never been so happy to be wrong. #ThunderUp. I'll rewatch the whole game in the morning.

On another note the Knicks 3rd quarter run was off the charts a 26-2 run!

LloydChristmas likes this.
  12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    In conclusion EVERY PROMO SHOULD INCLUDE DEMI THNK U

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Even though I wasn’t expecting the Hornets to beat the Cavs at home, it was still disappointing to see them get so close then lose it in the last minute by one point.

That said, I think I could watch LeBron and Kemba guarding each other for an unreasonable amount of time.

tom likes this.
  14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    well at least the Bulls didn't lose by 50....

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nanaki likes this.
  16. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Yep. I know it's game time when anakinfansince1983 summons.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I only summon when the Hornets are involved. :p

Aaannnddd...Kemba with a shoulder hit, return “questionable.”

I’m thinking the Spurs have this one.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Tony Parker will be on the Spurs' active roster for the first time this season.

I'm not surprise that Derrick Rose is contemplating retiring with his injury plagued career, as I'm sure it's been frustrating for him. However, if he retires, he'll be leaving the $80 million Addidas contract on the table. After the Warriors' game Shaun Livingston commented on how hard and draining it is mentally to deal with major injuries and therefore understands why Rose would consider retiring from the game.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm attending the 76ers/Cavs match tonight. I cannot believe I live in a reality where we are favored to win this by -2.5.

Although, I suppose in the absence of Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love will be guarding Embiid like:
    [​IMG]

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Take this for data:

Grizzlies Fire David Fizdale As Head Coach

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    expected some more firings this year, but not that one.

i thought the thunder/warriors game provided a pretty clear blueprint for the thunder to be successful this year. russ playing like he did for 82 games last year and george and anthony providing much better second and third options than he had a season ago. will be interesting to see if they ever click into that mode on a consistent basis.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, you'd think that Fizdale earned himself a full season after last season, but you can't fire the team's best player so the coach has to go. The only time I recall when a franchise selected a head coach over a star player occurred when the Warriors traded away Chris Webber in favor of Don Nelson.

As for the Thunder, yeah, they have to pretend every team is the Warriors. OKC was really aggressive defensively with getting into the passing lanes and creating fast break opportunities and getting the crowd fired up. KD should not have played in that game as he sat out the following two games and, from what I gathered, is unlikely to play tonight against the Kings.

23. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    It could be much worse. You could have an organization who chooses the GM over the head coach AND the star players like the Bulls did after the 98 Finals.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, I'd agree with you if the Bulls hadn't won 6 NBA Champions prior to letting go of their coach and star players.

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure there is a narrative to the Thunder losing so poorly in Dallas. They did give it everything against the Warriors, they played another tough team (Detroit) with one day rest and only lost by one point and the Dallas game was the night after Detroit (no rest and travel). So even though it was really hard to watch those last two games, I am taking heart that they have until Wednesday to rest up now. If they don't beat Orlando on Wednesday it's time to start thinking the Thunder might miss the play-offs. I mean seriously it's so hard to watch their games this season. On the other hand it's still early and it's hard to give up hope yet.