main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's probably my least favorite of all of them.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think it's trying too hard. I don't like it, @tom, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Orlando Magic's Pajama Jerseys.

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol those two are about tied for me.

tbf it's not as bad as their last camo jerseys.

[​IMG]

DarthIntegral likes this.
  4. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Just don't put the Fiesta logo colors on the jerseys. Even when we had that logo, the uniforms were still Silver and Black.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Alright then, keep Nico. Him and Lauri? **** the tank

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Pleasantly surprised by the Pistons' win over the Spurs tonight, especially with Reggie and Avery out. IIRC, no one on the Pistons roster had a win over the Spurs while in a Pistons uniform.

Kennard was impressive. The biggest surprise has been his defense, he doesn't play defense like a dumb rookie. He's been passive offensively early in the season, just standing around for the catch and shoot, but that's not really his game. Tonight he looked like he did at Duke. Moving without the ball, running around screens like crazy, cutting, getting to his spots, getting his own shots. I can see him scoring an efficient 15 ppg down the road, and it looks like he won't be a liability on defense.

Andre's passing has been a nice surprise. He's making a lot of plays hitting cutters. He's turned the ball over a lot, but at least he's providing more offense. Seems re-dedicated to being a beast on the boards, too. Seems to embrace his role more. Those jump hooks are mostly gone, he's gone back to rim running, and passing to stay involved.

Have I mentioned Andre's free throw shooting? He's gone to a simplified granny shot, and it's working. He's shooting 63%, when his previous best was 42%. It's been a great surprise and I'm really happy for him, because guys that bad at FT shooting rarely, if ever, get better. Ben Wallace and Chris Dudley never did. Shaq never really got better. Dwight has been worse than ever. Everyone always talks about adopting the granny shot, but few guys are able to swallow their pride and actually buy into it. Andre has, and it's working for him. Good for him.

Just checked DeAndre Jordan's stats and he's shooting 55% from FT, which would be a career best. He hasn't gone to the granny shot, though, he's just improved his form a lot, especially his follow through.

I'd like to see these guys succeed from the line because it must be frustrating and embarrassing to struggle so badly with free throws. Looks like Whiteside has gotten his fixed as well. Hell, he's actually turned himself into a decent jump shooter.

7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised by the Knicks road win over New Orleans last night. Ntilikina has been one of my favorite players to watch since he pushed LeBron out of the way about a month ago. But really, a road win without Hardaway...Go Knicks! Let's have a better January than the last two years (PLEASE!)

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Based on last night's small sample size, I am more convinced than ever that IT is going to drop sixty on the Celtics in the playoffs.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  9. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    The last time someone dropped 60 on the Celtics in the Playoffs, the Celtics still won.

Even stranger, that someone was Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    not that strange given the stage of michael's career and the overall quality of that bulls' squad. the fact that it was a double ot game in the 130's and michael played 53 minutes also helped inflate his stat line. but talk about a different era, michael didn't attempt a single three in that game. the entire bulls team attempted two and missed them both.

11. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    The 3 point line didn't even exist when Wilt scored 100.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    doubt wilt would have been jacking up many threes even if it did, lol.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Speaking of giant centers nailing 3s, I just beat snowpocalypse home from the 76ers/Spurs game. Embiid was announced to miss the game and he still suited up and went subatomic all over San Antonio. It was glorious. The memory of this game will keep me warm as I get buried alive under an avalanche.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i am bummed that harden is missing the game tonight but it should still be fun. both teams on the second night of a back-to-back but i imagine they will still be amped.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Disappointed I invested my free time in watching the Cavaliers game last night.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

One of the worst cases of developmental hell (despite a few things this season) that this town has seen.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, the Thunder has the talent on their roster of an elite team and there's alot of speed and quickness there as well that make them tough defensively by getting their hands into passing lanes and whatnot. It was a mismatch for the Lakers as they're a young team that couldn't keep an experienced and talented OKC in check. However, as noted in the broadcast, it was an opportunity for the Lakers to kiss up to Paul George's parents. The Lakers are going through their growing pains. They'll be in playoff contention soon enough.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That was a great shoot out between the Rockets and Warriors last night despite not having two of the NBA's elite star in the game. Gerald Green certainly proved he's worthy of a full season contract. CP3 was just "ankle breaking" guys (see David West) will his moves and dribbling ability.

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think harden is clearly a lot more crucial to the rockets' success than kd is to the warriors', but yeah it was still a pretty good game. a bit anti-climactic at the end, but hard to complain about that in a win.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, can't complain about a win especially when it's being broadcast on TNT with Charles Barkley constantly hating on the Warriors. I think it's funny that Chuck hates on jump shooting team. It's old school philosophy about the game and reflects his era, so can't fault him on his mentality. Coincidentally, it was fun watching the studio panel talking up college football and EJ sporting his Bulldog jersey to the dismay of Chuck. I also love the bit where Shaq took a handoff from Tebow and bull rush over Chuck. [face_laugh] I like Chuck. He's generally a good sport about taking flack.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i like chuck too, he was one of my favorite players and i think he's still a really likable guy, i just tend to disagree with just about everything he says about basketball. the funniest thing to me about him constantly harping on jump shooting teams and big guys shooting threes is that he clearly forgets that he himself jacked up a ton of threes for his era despite shooting it terribly. but at least the other three guys call him on being wrong a lot of the time, and he is a good sport.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, every other day, Barkley rotates in and out of my "Mt. Rushmore" of 76ers. His play and his attitude are deservedly legendary. But, his general commentary on... well, nearly anything... that is exasperating.

tom likes this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Not being a 76ers fan myself, I initially didn't like Chuck as a player because I thought he was a brash brute (not to mention killing the Warriors in the playoffs during Chris Webber's rookie year), but then he did those Sir Charles Old Spice commercials, followed up by that Nike commercial where he dunked over Godzilla which showed him in a different light. However, my favorite Chuck commercial is one where C-Webb dunked on him.

[​IMG]

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    OKC won last night, but Blake and DeAndre killed them in the paint, exposing a weakness on OKC's roster. They basically only have one true big who is viable. Get two bigs out there, and you've got a mismatch. Get Adams out of there (fouls), and they have no one who can stop a true big from getting right under the basket, grabbing offensive rebounds, and dunking everything. Patrick Patterson is their backup center. I was actually thinking they should put Collison out there just to bang with Blake for a few minutes, but Collison hasn't played any serious minutes in years and years.

Not many teams have the personnel to capitalize on this, though. In the west, I think just the Spurs and the obviously the Pelicans. Maybe the Warriors could do it if they felt like it, which they wouldn't.

I usually love Chuck and agree with him a lot, but damn he sounded dumb last night. GS a one hit wonder without Durant? Everyone disagreed, it looked like they felt bad for how dumb he sounded. Nobody brought up that if they didn't get Durant, they'd still have Barnes and Bogut, or like $25 million in cap space. Plus they broke the damn record for wins without Durant. Jeez, I don't think I've ever heard him say anything so stupid. Then again, I haven't followed the crew closely for years and years.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Well, that's because you have a butthurt anti-76ers post on nearly every page of this thread. :p