main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    To me, peak Barkley is his night on SNL

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't forget Space Jam

"You're not Charles Barkley! You're just a wannabe who looks like him!"

DarthTunick , DarthIntegral and tom like this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I can't believe Shawn Bradley was part of the NBA stars of the film.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We had to multipurpose our night, as we had tickets to the screening of a classic horror film at a cinema in the western 'burbs, but, I'll confess I had no problem heading for the car when we had a 75 point lead over Detroit at halftime. :p

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    ^So, a Georgia team finally loses in LA this year. :p

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    spurs/blazers was amazingly entertaining, despite a bunch of key guys being out. shabazz napier had like four or five absolutely ridiculous under the rim plays, and on the other side we got to see some vintage manu.

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Manu's been a monster this year it's insane and I love it, really hope he's in the All-Star Game

tom likes this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    @LloydChristmas @xblackout

I'm not saying anything here, but ...

2012 - Alabama wins the national title, LeBron James wins an NBA Championship
    2014 - Alabama wins the national title, LeBron James wins an NBA Championship
    2016 - Alabama wins the national title, LeBron James win an NBA Championship (That's three times it's happened. Reminds me of the time that Steph Curry and the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the Finals. but I'm on a tangent here. back to the matter at hand ...)
    2018 - Alabama wins the national title ...

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Since we're being random, I was watching "The Amazing Race" over the weekend and one of the teams was Club Ced and Shawn Marion. :p Nice to see these two guys being teammates off the court too. Club Ced looks much older than Shawn Marion because the graying in his beard.

[​IMG]

Not sure if Club Ced is still chummy with Nick "1- 2- 3- Cancun!" Van Exel. That one of my favorite Laker teams. [face_laugh]

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    ced looks his age, which is almost 50. shawn is on some benjamin button ish tho.

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That's Shawn's residual self-image. The mental projection of his digital self.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Despite losing to the Heat yesterday, which featured some fisticuffs, the Raptors have managed a really good season at the midway point. They've quietly made their way to a 28-11 record with is the same as the Houston Rockets. However, it's too early to buy into the Raptors as we seen this before with them winning the Eastern Conference a couple years or so ago, IIRC.

The Eastern Conference overall has been up this year.

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd love to see the Cavs and the Warriors upset, but the Raptors are entirely untrustworthy because DeRozan and Lowry have done some of the biggest choking I've ever seen. Like, Chris Webber levels of choking, except all game, for entire series. At least Webber only choked at the end of games.

I don't have any faith in Boston because Hayward is down. Maybe next year. No one else in the east even appears to have a chance against the Cavs.

At this point, I have less belief in the Rockets than I did earlier in the season. Chris Paul is always injured, and I can see them reverting back to D'Antoni's history of no defense. Spurs don't look all that great this year, either, and Kawhi has a torn shoulder. Parker has been injured, and Parker, Ginobili and Gasol are all old af. Gay is injured again, too, as he often is. Don't give me the standard response about the Spurs, Nanaki. I'd give them a much better chance if Kawhi was fully healthy. Aldridge has been great for them this year, but he hasn't really killed in the playoffs for them.

I guess my picks to knock off the Warriors are Minnesota and OKC. Maybe Minnesota can just beat the Warriors up, and they're finally starting to play some kind of defense. Maybe Thibs can get the defense ready by the playoffs. Maybe OKC can clamp down on the Warriors with Russ, PG13, Roberson and Jerami Grant, and maybe Russ, PG13 and Melo can get hot enough to take them out. I wouldn't bet on either, though.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Runjedirun likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Durant will be back in the line up tonight, but Curry will sit out with a leg injury. Klay is scheduled to sit out as well for rest.

16. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Mannnnn the Cavs look like trash. No defense, no energy, sloppy turnovers, bad shots...they've turned it around before and Playoff LeBron is a monster, but it's as bad as I've ever seen them since The Return. Hope this national broadcast is a kick in the pants.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That reminded me of the game that got David Blatt fired.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I was set to watch last night, but bailed when I heard Ibaka and Lowry weren't playing, thinking it wouldn't be much of a contest. Apparently it wasn't.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I heard a reports saying that Cavs players have an agenda to tank games so management would fire Ty Lue. Anyone see that in the players?

20. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    No they just suck right now.

xblackout and DarthIntegral like this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, I hope the Cavs get better so LeBron resigns with them instead of going to the Lakers or Clippers with Paul George next season.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  22. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Cavs issue has always been defence and IT ain’t helping with that. Let’s face it, when Kyrie left they got worse no matter who they’ve added to their bench. I’d be very surprised if LeBron stays. I hope he does but I’ll be surprised.

Runjedirun likes this.
  23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not sure if IT even has the potential to be as good as Kyrie was with the Cavs. He sure ain't going to be as good after a couple games and a really bad hip injury. Kyrie built up that chemistry with Lebron, that pick and roll, over years. Plus, guarding the pick and roll, they can't switch with IT the way they could with Kyrie.

The trade was a definite downgrade. IT doesn't have the same potential, and obviously at this point none of the chemistry. At least they got that Nets pick. And Zizic. Maybe he'll be something down the road.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Well. And in theory, Jae Crowder should be a good defender. Or at least he was, before he got to Cleveland.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty happy with the Hornets today, and Coach Cliff is set to come back this week.

Runjedirun likes this.