main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Pistons are trying this bold new strategy where they rack up losses against teams with worse records. We'll see if it pays off for them.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I could watch that IT to LeBron Alley-oop on loop for hours. That was pretty

LloydChristmas likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Raptors beating on Cleveland is hopefully a good omen for the seemingly inevitable playoff showdown.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sorry I just had a bit of laughter at your expense. :p

5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I got to attend another NBA game yesterday. Second one in about a month.
    So. Much. Fun!

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    NBA games can be such awesome experiences. It has a lil something for everyone if you just wanna chill with friends/family but if it's a close game you can still go nuts.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    shaq, chuck, general hilarity ensuing from the houston raid on the clippers' locker room:

"hello, police? chris paul's tryin to beat me up"

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Some funny post game shenanigans from the Dubs/Cavs game and Rockets/Clippers game.

Warriors' showers missing hot water: 'They got to do something!'
    Houston Rockets players try to confront Los Angeles Clippers in locker room after loss

9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    jfc somebody is getting paid to write that

(...says Lloyd as he technically gets paid to post this lol)

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So Draymond and Iggy are sitting out tonight's game against the Bulls, so Jordan Bell should get the start in Draymond's place. And it will be interesting to see how the Bulls fans receive Bell considering the Bulls traded him away for $3.5 million. Bell trolled the Bulls back in November when the Dubs hosted the Bulls and Bells made the money sign with his fingers and yelled out 3.5 million during the game. And it's probably not so coincidental that Draymond is sitting out so Bell can get another start against the Bulls. That's a Coach Pop type of move.

11. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    @epic should weigh in but I wanna say Bulls fans could care less

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ***ing brawl at the Hornets-Wizards game, after the Hornets set a record for first quarter scoring.

Jason Smith fouled Michael Carter-Williams, Tim Frazier decided he had to get involved for some reason and he and MCW ended up in a fight and ejected from the game.

I would not be surprised at a brawl involving Dwight “Flip Off Fans of the Opposing Team for $25,000–Twice” Howard, but I was surprised at MCW.

Apparently there have been such incidents at NBA games the last three nights? I’ve been working on schools long enough to want to check the moon phases, but really, WTF is going on?

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Hey what if we gave you a first-round pick and, like, Tristan & JR for Kemba & Dwight? [face_whistling]

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    *does quick stats comparison*

Nope. :p

15. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    WHAT IF IT WAS THE BROOKLYN PICK WE'RE DESPERATE

16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, it's been a crazy week for the NBA. Our local radio guy challenged them all Tuesday. Said you know there was going to be no fight in the Clippers locker room after Mondays game. Said NBA players are all soft now, no more Charles Oakley's in the league he complained. So I flip through games on my league pass Tuesday evening and the only thing on is Orlando vs Minnesota. I think Orlando is going to lose but OKC needs Minnesota to lose. So I put it on and sure enough five minutes later a guy from Orlando is taking swings at a Minnesota player. Saw the Wizards/Hornets scuffle on sports center this AM.

Me I am just hoping the Wizards keep slumping and OKC continues to win games they should. Finally bought myself a ticket to see OKC here in DC on Jan 30th. OKC has lost both times I have trecked into DC to see them. Always on a weeknight. Ugh, they better win for me this year.

17. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    It was almost like that one Sunday this past NFL season where there were three games with brawls (Jax/Cin, TB/NO, and AR/SF). And there was Thanksgiving weekend, where there were college football, basketball and NFL games with fights (the Bama/Minnesota basketball game where Bama had to finish with 3 players).

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    What if instead of trying to win a title, we just decided to say "stop the Warriors" because **** you, KD, **** you Steph Curry, and especially **** you Draymond Green?

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  20. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    But tom you posted that at 11:11am EST

1 + 1 + 1, 1

3-1

[face_tee_hee]

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i would probably still be very insecure about that if not for last year. now? here you go @epic

epic likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Whelp @LloydChristmas you might get your wish. The Hornets just made Kemba available for trade.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  23. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Okay! So: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7xx5z9w

Charlotte also gets the Brooklyn pick and the 2020 Miami second. That's two top 10 picks in what looks like a pretty loaded draft, plus a 22-year-old on a rookie deal, plus another pick.

Cleveland turns Kyrie into IT/Kemba/Crowder/Howard.

WHO SAYS NO (probably MJ, he's not gonna help LeBron who am I kidding)

(also I love JR Smith what have I done)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    tom likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Cleveland is in an interesting predicament with the trade deadline looming. Would they trade away the Brooklyn pick in hopes it's enough to keep LeBron in a Cavs uniform (i.e. getting Kemba or DeAndre Jordan) or would not make a trade for the potential rebuild/reload should LeBron leave?

25. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    You trade it if there's a deal that really helps. Even just a piece for this year. You have the greatest player ever, playing for his hometown basically-- that might never happen again. It's not like that Brooklyn pick is even probable to give you a franchise-altering player anyway. ALL IN MEANS ALL IN LET'S GO