main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    well i am very curious to see how this all works. shaking things up is the right move, but i don't know if these are specifically the right moves.

2. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Holy ****

DarthIntegral likes this.
  3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wow about 3/4 of the team will be different. not sure if i've seen an nba team remade to this extent before

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah. It certainly makes the Cavs look desperate in hopes of retaining LeBron.

5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    They traded an all star last year, a former Finals MVP (future HOF), a former league MVP etc for a bunch of rotational guys. The ironic part is I think this will stabilize the ship from sinking.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    which they absolutely should be.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The Cavaliers traded absolutely nobody who was giving them quality minutes and their own first round pick. They got younger, theoretically better on defense, and took a swing. as upset as I was with the original trade, now that all the dominos (maybe?) have fallen, I quite like what the Cavs did today.

Also ... LOL

Kinda reminds me of the Cavaliers 2008 Deadline move.

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Hey guys just checking the NBA thread after last night's awesome ga--

[​IMG]

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Hey we have Mudiay now (and some now injured Euro center)

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Leaked transcript from trade negotiations

Cleveland: You guys interested in trading for Wade?
    Miami: Yeah, I guess so
    Cleveland: What are you willing to offer?
    Miami: Pretty much nothing.
    Cleveland: Deal

11. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Those are great trades by the Cavs. Hood, Clarkson, and Nance are all solid young players, and they needed an infusion of youth. Hill is a solid vet that should provide stability to the PG position.
    I also like the Kicks getting Mudiay.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Pretty wild. It's gonna take some time to sort this out. I can't see how LeBron will want to come back to play with the likes of Clarkson and Hill. When he leaves it's....TT, Love, Nance, Hill, Clarkson, JR Smith, Korver, and Hood? Assuming they extend Hood. They're stuck with the other guys.

Not sure why the Knicks would want Mudiay when they have Frank.

Pistons pick up old SVG player Jameer Nelson. He's a veteran point guard who knows SVG and at least he can still shoot. We need PG help badly with Jackson still injured and Bradley traded. We've had to play Galloway a lot of minutes as a backup point. We're 4-0 since the Blake trade, btw. Winning entirely on sheer enthusiasm.

Surprised DJ didn't get traded. They have to believe he's opting out at the end of the season. Even more surprised they re-signed Lou Williams, and so cheaply.

No one got Tyreke Evans, either. He could have helped someone.

Edit:

He sounds more like a backup option to sign if they don't get PG or LeBron.

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    2010 me would be quite shocked if I heard that Rose and Wade would be traded at the deadline.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    late 80s / early 90s me is excited that Larry Nance is back in Cleveland.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    What's her name?
    Lance.
    You say, "Listen here, Lance"...Lance? What the **** did I just hear? Lance?
    Did you just say Lance?
    No! I said Nance. That's what I said, Nance!

Alpa Chino was talking about Larry Nance.

16. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I figure the Cavs know LeBron is leaving and so are positioning themselves as a younger team to put around the nets pick. No way LeBron looks at who he’s now playing with and stays.

lol @ those saying Kyrie and IT were basically equal when that trade went down. he just can’t defend, and isn’t good enough to be just a one way player for a contender. Ainge knee that.

Rose looks like being cut by the Jazz and may end up with the Minnesota Bulls. That would be cool

Runjedirun and CT-867-5309 like this.
  17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Love: "Hey guys maybe we shouldn't trade our entire team before I come back?"

Cavs:
    [​IMG]

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    last year's isaiah was at least pretty close to last year's kyrie. kyrie was only slightly less of a liability on defense, and isaiah was slightly more efficient on offense. i think most people were skeptical about how isaiah would bounce back from his injury, and rightly so it would seem. he's been terrible on both ends of the floor since his return.

CT-867-5309 and LloydChristmas like this.
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think LeBron stays because of these moves today.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it just depends on how these next few months play out. i do think there's a better chance with these moves than there would have been without them.

21. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    what a game yesterday between t-wolves and cavs. haven’t watched the t-wolves that much this season, they are an impressive bunch.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    If LeBron stays, it has nothing to do with the moves made yesterday. LeBron makes his decision based on his legacy. If he thinks he can jump to a place where he can win more championships and that such a jump wouldn't tarnish his legacy (which is why the GSW rumors were so LOL worthy), he's going to move. If he decides that staying in Cleveland is best for his legacy, he stays in Cleveland, despite hating Dan Gilbert. Yes, getting younger and more athletic and getting rid of people who were obviously causing locker room and chemistry issues is great for this year, and it certainly - if they gel - makes the Cavaliers more likely to win the East this year, but I don't think Rodney Hood is the kind of guy that makes LeBron say "yes, now I'm staying in town". Who knows, maybe they'll end up with Trae Young is the kind of guy who makes LeBron want to stay?

LloydChristmas and epic like this.
  23. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Inty! It also means we have someone in the dunk contest!

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I hope so. As I've been saying all along, I want LeBron to stay in Cleveland and not head west. However, Cleveland's moves could have a detrimental irony in that it gives the Lakers the ability to offer two max contracts for prospective free agents. And it's been no real secret that the Lakers have their eyes on PG-13 and LeBron and who knows who else.

And for World of Wade going back to Miami, dude wins. He got the free agent money from the Heat that he wanted from Chicago, got to play with his banana boat buddy one more time and now gets to retire in a Heat jersey.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    after watching the thunder dismantle the warriors in oracle on monday it is just insane to me that they are even in the loss column with the ninth place clippers.