main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    30 for 30 really doesn't fit anymore at this point.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Massive coaching upgrade. They were by far the worst coached team in the playoffs.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Are you guys watching this? This is amazing. Houston pushing the pace, zipping passes. Golden State playing one on one. Durant trying to keep them in it.

Chris Paul is playing like a madman. I don't know that I've ever seen him play like this.

PJ Tucker suddenly hitting shots when he couldn't get them off against Golden State's length in game one. All the movement has left him wide open.

5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Loving Chris Paul!

6. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    amazing what happens when you move the ball. instead of dribble for no good reason for most of a shot clock almost the whole game.

would be nice if both teams would actually play well at the same time so we could get a good game though. because the warriors were pretty terrible most of the game other than durant.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    a lot of the credit for that goes to the rockets d. they were glued to klay. steph could have shot it better but most of his outside looks had a high degree of difficulty. rockets were just the hungrier team and they made great adjustments.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm not at all surprised of how Game 2 between the Rockets and Dubs turned out. I posted the day after Game 1 how the Rockets would bounce back in Game 2 with getting into their offense earlier, forcing the Dubs into turnovers by getting in the passing lanes and Curry pressing on the offensive side. I also mentioned how surprised I was that most of the media was saying the series was done after Game 1.

9. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    no argument on that @tom, the rockets definitely played better defence, but the warriors didn't exactly play well on offense at all, missing a lot of shots that they normally hit. that's why i was wishing both teams would actually play well for once.

guess lebron isn't going to make it to the finals again. at least we're getting one different team this year most likely.

10. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    so when i said that, i saw a game on at the mall and thought the cavs were losing by 25 since that was the score at the restaurant. ignore that please.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i was wondering. looking forward to seeing how the cavs look at home and what adjustments they make, expecting lebron to try to get his teammates involved early.

12. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    yea... >_> i was looking for the score when i got home and realized that the game isn't til a little later. suffice to say i feel silly.

13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, the Cavs definitely bounced back for Game 3.

14. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    indeed. but another blowout. just like tonight. one decent half quarter of basketball... and then not so much, and then oh. well that happened.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it was glorious.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    a one-tweet video single highlight summary of WCF Game three:

Terrible

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    iguodala doubtful for game four with left knee soreness.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Should Iggy be out for Game 4, I'd suspect Looney to get the start as he has been the first player off the bench in this series, with Bell subbing for Looney. But if Bell is constantly out of position defensively, Kerr won't hesitate to go with Livingston or West.

I didn't see Curry's mom at the game, but she saw Steph mouth out some bad words and sent him a text to wash out his mouth with soap.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    tbf it was just one bad word.

agreed on the rotations. kerr is riding his most athletic guys, which leaves zaza and west out of the rotation. they are also basically forcing the rockets to go small, which is why we haven't seen much javale. but i think javale could give them something if bell struggles.

21. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    "THIS IS MY ****ING HOUSE

EXCEPT WHEN LEBRON ****ING TOOK IT AND I NEEDED ****ING KEVIN DURANT TO HELP ME LITIGATE"

is actually the full quote the camera just pulled away

Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    well that's just rude.

DarthIntegral and LloydChristmas like this.
  23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, I tuned in to watch a basketball game last night and ended up watching the Browns vs. the Patriots as there was a 70 yard bomb from Love to LeBron for a TD.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    This might be my favorite highlight of the series so far, though: