main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The real upside to IT signing with Denver is that I can find a cheap game and then go boo his ass.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Courtside will cost only 1/8 of travel if you opt to go boo him at a random home game that has nothing to do with the Cavs.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Have you guys done this before? It's the best thing to be the only one booing a guy on your home team and having everyone giving you looks for it. And just being really defiant about it. Nope. Nope. **** this guy. I'm booing him. Every time. Yep. Every time.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I've done it. It's fantastically awesome. Done it at a Nuggets game, a Rockies game, and a Rapids game.

And a similar experience last year at the Cavs-Nuggets game as the only Nugget I would cheer for was Richard Jefferson. Just lots of odd looks as I'd cheer for anything good the Cavs did, went crazy for Larry Nance Jr., and gave Richard Jefferson everything else I had in the tank to cheer for him. The Nuggets fans near me were just absolutely confused by my behaviour.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    xblackout and DarthTunick like this.
  5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    haha, you'd think it would be obvious that you're a cavs fan with a soft spot for rj due to his role on the title team.

i've rooted for the warriors in portland the last few years. it wasn't anything special though, like a third of the crowd has been warriors fans.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Not basketball but hockey. My brother and I were wearing Sharks gear but cheered for Eddie Belfour when he returned to the "Tank" in Dallas Stars gear because of management. The game ended with Belfour glove save and him dropping the puck onto the ice like a mic drop. We cheered that moment.

As for basketball, I've never attended the games, but the home crowd fans typically cheered on Mitch Richmond whenever he rolled into town with his Kings gear on.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A handful of us went to MSG for a game to be riotous in our 76ers fanaticism. This was early in the Process, mind you, so we were clearly unexpected.

DarthIntegral and tom like this.
  8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    ha! reminds me of being heckled in Denver during LeBron's first season in Miami. Just a week or so before 'Melo got traded to New York.

9. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Went to the Thunder/Wizards game in DC, 80% of the people there were wearing Thunder t-shirts and jerseys. I'm not even exaggerating. Even when the Knicks suck, like last year there are ate least 50% Knicks fans at Wizards games too. DC hates basketball.

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I went to Philadelphia to root for the Giants against the Eagles. Going in I thought I was going to get murdered bt it was surprisingly civil. It probably helped that I took my Eagles fan brother with me and that the Giants lost.

11. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I spent an entire summer heckling Juan Gonzalez. I went to more games that year than any other year. People were giving me looks at first, but the crowd turned on him as the year went on. I like to think that I was the spark that lit the fire.

Point Given and tom like this.
  12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh you sweet innocent babes. I regularly attend Bengals-Steelers games.

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    @epic
    @darth_gersh

Apparently the Bulls are putting together an offer for Parker.

I hate to see good cap space wasted.

14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Really depends on the length and value of the contract

A 1+1 on a reasonable deal, I can live with that

3 years guaranteed? No thanks

But ultimately, eh. I’d have preferred to use that cap space to take on bad contracts and build future picks in the process but this management team seem intent on just getting back to the playoffs as soon as they can. Not the way to build a contender.

Also: I’m just sure he can really play the 3 either

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  15. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Is there a special section for away fans in American sports or does everyone just sit together?

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Only college sports and MLS have designated away sections

17. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Jabari doesn't really want to play in Milwaukee and if he goes to Chicago I wouldn't be crushed,. I'm not even sure he is worth a max deal. His time so far in Milwaukee has unfortunately been riddled by two major injuries and maybe we could put the money towards the future. Anyway I don't wish him bad vibes or anything, he has been pretty good guy so far in his career.

18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    FRYE ISLAND IS BACK IN THE LAND

BRING BACK RJ TOO FIRE UP THOSE PODCAST MICS

19. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Looks like it’s a team option on the second year so on that basis I like the deal. Low risk, high reward if he can stay healthy.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  20. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    CAVS JUST KNOCKED THE ROCKETS OUTTA THE summerleaguePLAYOFFS LEGGO

Also LeBron might be gone but we've got Scoochie Smith so

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Juliet316 , heels1785 and tom like this.
  21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    With all the money the NBA is making I'd like to see it expand. There's a ton of depth in terms of talent with a lot of guys in Europe and China who can play in the NBA. Plus, you know, one team with like five All-Stars.

I want Seattle back in the league, it's just very strange to me that the Sonics don't exist. I'm still not used to that.

St Louis and Kansas City are possibilities for the East, they used to have teams. Maybe Louisville/Kentucky? Don't they love basketball? Cincinnati used to have one. San Diego and Las Vegas are possibilities in the West if they want to add four teams.

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

Wow. My Raptors are going all-in for both a one season finals push now that LeBron has left the conference and speeding up the rebuild in the We The North Era by starting over sooner if he leaves after the year.

Kawhi Keonard deal could be finalized later today. Crazy!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    That is completely crazy. Even more crazy that it involves DeRozan.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    He doesn't even wanna play here. This'll be fun.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    "Pop, I wanna go to California"

"We're sending you to Canada."

"But ... "

"Don't **** with Pop"