main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph NBC's new drama "Awake"

Discussion in 'Community' started by solojones, Feb 27, 2012.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So last pilot season, this was the pilot I was most interested in seeing. Then it wasn't on the fall schedule. Then it wasn't on the spring schedule. But NBC is finally premiering it this Thursday night. You can also watch it online already, which I just did, and it's every bit as good as I had hoped.

I'm really interested to see where it goes from here. I just hope it gets the low threshold of ratings required to keep an NBC show on the air.

-sj loves spacey

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I CAN'T WATCH IN CANADALAND

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    is that the one where keifer southerland yells "DROP THA COFFEE" at his autistic child and its like lol whut?

i keep seeing hulu ads for that one

(i miss u, megavideo, videobb, and videozer... come back to me... kim dotcom you were a candle in the wind... lets remember happier times, drinkin cartons of oj on ur g6, u classy fomo...)

[image=http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2012/01/medium_ba1029f080817d055fdc32c1ac5b88aa.jpg]

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    All I've known about this show is the various bus stop/bus ads I've seen for it here in La La Land.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

5. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    The one spot I saw for this looked intriguing. But i'll wait for netflix instant streaming.

6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Do you have a DVR at home, Vin?

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No, it's the one where Jason Isaacs is a detective who's life is in two realities- one where his wife was killed in a car crash, the other where his son was. When he goes to sleep, he wakes up in the other reality.

-sj loves spacey

8. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Yeah. But I refuse to get involved in a show that has little chance of renewal. I've been burned too many times.

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I had forgotten about it until a few days ago when I saw a tv spot. I'll definitely watch the pilot episode, maybe even tomorrow.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I understand how you feel. It's happened to me tons of times and I do often wait until a show's been on a year or so to watch it. But I've already been waiting for this show close to a year at this point and I couldn't wait longer.

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    is it about tea?

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    oh yeah that's the good ****

13. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I admit, I'm curious about the show (especially the link to Cartesian skepticism). This thread also reminds me that I need to turn in my Neilsen journal. ;)

14. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    okay i just finished watching it and it's pretty damned great.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Damn you getting a Nielsen journal now instead of a few weeks from now when you could add to the numbers for Awake and Community! I think you should watch this pilot, though, Quix. It definitely brings up some very interesting epistemological issues already that I think would intrigue you.

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I can understand that. Boomtown (season 1, the 2 episodes that constituted season 2 don't count for me because NBC had the whole concept for the show changed) was the last show I really, really enjoyed (a vast understatement) that got cancelled after 1 season worth of shows. Almost exactly 9 years now since the last episode aired, and I'm still pissed it got cancelled.

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    boomtown owned but if you love boomtown you should watch justified. not only is it the best thing currently in season and another jon avnet show, but its also turned into some sort of boomtown reunion in season 3. the gang member who infiltrated the police and the paramedic have both guest starred and mykelti williamson and neal mcdonough are the season antagonists

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, Graham Yost who was the head writer for both Boomtown and Band of Brothers really enjoys bringing his guys back. He is also easily one of my favorite TV writers ever. Justified is one of my absolute favorite current shows. I like to describe it as a Johnny Cash song brought to life every week.

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Wait Justified Season 3? Why wasn't I told.

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    yeah it snuck up on me too i was like already?!?!

wish margot martindale was still around bein awesome but the team of neal mcdonough and mykelti williamson is ALMOST badass enough to fill her shoes

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Justified is a show I would love to watch/get into (starting from the beginning, of course). The problem I have is that will all the sports/news/movies I watch, my time is limited when it comes to TV shows. :p Since ER, Entourage & Rescue Me went off the air/I stopped watching SVU, the only current shows I watch are Boardwalk Empire, Curb Your Enthusiasm & Family Guy.

22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    id say i actually enjoy watching justified more than boardwalk, even if its not as "high brow"

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Justified is a really good mix of an intelligent, well-written show and a show that's just a whole lot of fun.

Speaking of intelligence, I do worry a bit that Awake will ultimately be 'too smart' for a general audience. Which is a problem NBC has with its comedies as well. But I don't know, if enough smart people would actually watch the shows, they'd be all right.

-sj loves kevin spacey

24. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Watch Fringe

25. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    i could see most viewers becoming totally confused. the only solid markers for distinguishing between the two realities are the family members, the shrinks, and the color palette, and even then it can be rather tricky.