main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio NCAA Football 2004

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rholynn, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rholynn

Rholynn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    We discussed this at our meeting, and Tobey and I play the game so I figured I start the thread.

First of all I love this game!!!!!!

Second of all to start things off yesterday I won my third National Championship in a row. Two with the Toledo Rockets and one with the Texas Longhorns (who I transfered to after my two seasons with the Rockets). Now I'm starting off my second season with the Longhorns with a 42-0 record facing the No. 3 ranked Georgia Bulldogs in an away game I'll give the results when I play it. I had a great recruiting season having the No. 2 ranked recruting class, but this team is nothing compared to the jugarnaught I had the previous year. It's almost like being back at Toledo.....and that means fun, close, exciting games!!!!

I'm also starting a new Dynasty with my Create-A-School the Northern Alaska Wildcats. They are a cupcake team that I gave a good punter. I replaced UConn in the 1A Independents and I won my first game against the Indiana Hoosiers. Currently NAU is 75th in the nation, and my upcoming game is against Army at the sanctuary of the Wildcats....Frostbite Field. Frostbite Field is an a Natural turf Horseshoe in Nome, AK.....and you though the Packers had the Frozen Tundra. :D I need any advantage I can get with this team. The Wildcats are horrible and I was getting very frustrated during my 37-30 victory over the Hoosiers. I guess that's what you get when your used to winning the NC, and you now have a team that would loose to my old High School.

Well until next time...

2. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Playing through my dynasty with Ohio State and Heidelberg, who I added to the MAC in place of UCF. It's been fun playing with both teams with Ohio State as my more balanced team and Heidelberg as my big offense team.

I just started my dynasty, but I did have fun making a website for it. You can find it here. It's a free host, and I got what I paid for as far as reliability.

3. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Nice website...can you teach me how to do that. It probably works best with the X-box, but I've only got the POS2.

I'm thinking of starting a new Dynasty and creating the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles with Head Coach Hayden Fox. :D I think this would be a great team to re-create. Man I loved that show, they should have never stopped it.

4. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Too bad you can't create yourself some assitant coaches. Luther and Dauber would be great to have around. ;)

As far as the website, I can hook you up with the source code for it. It's mostly database driven (MS Access) so there wouldn't be many changes to the code. I do have to type in all of the stats myself, unfortunately I can't export them from the game. :(

5. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Does anybody now why the PS2 version of the game freezes in Dynasty mode with a create-a-school? It loads 3/4 of the way when starting a game and then freezes. So for now the Northern Alaska Wildcats season has been put on hold.

6. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    It's because it's a POS2! 8-}

You could try the NCAA Utopia forums. They're usually pretty helpful there from what I've seen.

7. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Did you find anything to help you out?

I played NC State with Ohio State last night. It was one of the easiest games I've ever played. Returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, got them to turn it over on downs, ran 61 yards for a touchdown on my first offensive play and then intercepted Rivers to lead to another touchdown. It was 21-0 with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter (playing on 7-minute quarters)! I ended up winning 76-3.

8. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Well it's time for an update on the #1 ranked Texas Longhorns (4-0). The following is my schedule for the first six weeks of my 2nd season with Texas and my fourth year of the dynasty (and of coarse it is on Heismen level). Rankings are as of the time of the game.
    • @ #3 Georgia - W - 28-20
    • @ #3 USC - W - 65-16
    • BYE
    • @ #7 Penn State - W - 63-28
    • vs. #6 Toledo - W - 41-6
    • BYE
    My next game is @ #19 Kansas State to open up my Big 12 season and my attempt to tie the all time Coach's winning streak at 47 games. I am currently 46-0 as a coach. My leading WR is 2nd in the Heismen hunt followed closely by my QB in 3rd.

Well its off to go watch my TTT DVD. :D

9. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    That's cool. I just broke the Ohio State single game rushing yard and touchdown records with Lydell Ross against Northwestern. Fun game! ;)

10. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Yeah when I was with Toledo I broke all but 2 school records!!! :D

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Just finished up my first season. I actually got both Ohio State and Heidelberg into the title game. Simmed the game and the Buckeyes won it.

I went through recruiting and was able to get the #1 class for Ohio State and the #2 class for Heidelberg, not easy to do as a 3-star team.

12. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Congrats man!!!

I haven't gotten time to play this game in a very long time. I'm still at the Kansas State game.

13. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Well get on the ball! ;)

I've only had time to play one game of my second season. #8 Heidelberg beat #11 Maryland 35-10. Next up is #1 Ohio State vs #3 Miami. Should be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.