NE FF awards 2007

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by greencat336, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Pittsburgh volunteered to have the Awards at ComiCon in April again this year, but I know that there was also talk about having it in New Jersey this year.

Before we start serious planning, is this a problem with you guys? If you really want to host, say so, and Pittsburgh will plan something else for Saturday night.
  2. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmmm. No answer. Is that because no one has played on this board the last few days or no one cares if Pittsburgh hosts the NE Awards again? [face_batting]
  3. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought that the awards would be held in New Jersey in 2007.

It appears that it has been decided to be in Pittsburgh again.

I can't make this one if it is in Pittsburgh again.

So much for moving it around year to year. [face_plain]
  4. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    things look like they are dead in a lot of the boards from the Northeast. I can see why an event that was tentatively scheduled for a location would be changed if that group isn't as active as it once was. From what I have seen lately (say past few months) that there is only a handful of groups that are active those groups should be considered for the next Awards show location. I have come to the realization that in certain areas FF is a slowly fading away into the background like a hero at the end of a story. Until things start to pick up and grow there is no point in having meets in areas where there is lack of activity.
  5. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I pm'ed buster regarding the awards a couple of months ago.
    The response was the group wasnt active at the moment to do the awards. I posted on the forum looking for a response fromm anyone in the group to accept or decline. No response followed. :( Greencat from pittsburgh posted also hoping to get a response. I know she felt bad moving the awards from NJ as well.

Unfortunately alot of the NE groups have been quiet. Including my own chapter. I would hate to cancel the awards next year due to the lack of having a place to host them. Pittsburgh offered to host them again if no one came forward. :(

Im not quite sure what to do or say about it honestly.
    This is where we are at with it now... the only ones who have offered to host are pittsburgh.
    Before we get too deep into the awards planning if NJ still wants to do this or any other chapter,
    we would need to know ASAP.

I am open to suggestions. Please feel free to pm me or post here or even in the NE discussional forum. I would love to hear everyones thoughts on this. :)
    This year we are having more people on the planning committee so it can be bigger than last year. Remember the awards are for you guys. So feel free to get in on the planning. :)

Thanks in advance to everyones support :)

6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Pittsburgh volunteered when it looked like no one else was interested.

Darthluncanas, if your FF wants to host, its fine with us :D That would mean us Pittsburgh folks just have to show up, eat, party, and accept our many, many awards.
  7. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I would have gladly offered up Boston as a host, but as strawbary mentioned, it's dead as all get-out around here. We're having a big enough problem getting people excited about Super MegaFest which is annualy our biggest meet & greet. :(

Whatever you guys choose will no doubt be in the best decision for the NE FF's. Just keep us updated.
  8. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    thanks for your post wormie, I know even syracuse is quiet for us to try to host. :(

I have continued this discussion in the NE forum if anyone would like to offer any ideas/locations etc. :)
  9. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Fellow NorthEast FanForce members, I would like to draw your attention to this post over on the main NorthEast Regional boards. It includes all you need to know for the 3rd annual NorthEast FanForce Awards Ceremony.

In short, this year?s awards ceremony will be in Pittsburgh again right during the Pittsburgh Comicon - Saturday April 28th to be exact. And even if you can't attend in person, you can still participate by sending in nominations, photos for the slideshow and submissions for fan film and fan fiction awards.

See the thread linked above for all the details.

~Doc_Bev
  10. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We're hoping we'll see you guys again this year! It was a hoot and a half last year. We're got tons of new panels lined up and a much better plan for Friday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.