main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NE Walk

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Ranouch_Heath, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    Hallo all,

In June of This year I was plannin g to do the Coast to coast walk Starting at st Bee's In Cumbria and walk sum 300 miles to Robin hoods bay on The NE coast<But Ive had to make other plans.

As much as I would love to do the coast to coast walk one day The Joy's of Having Arthritus In both of my legs means Where it would take a normal person 12 days to finish it It would take me 26 days.

Im currently in training at the moment and Im looking for willng friends to join me on a short ish walk Hopefully If Jace(Edgejedi)would allow I would do it to help raise money for Starlight charrity,
    The Plan Is to start from Inglby Cross (Mount Grace) And walk in land to Robin Hoods Bay ( I recon this would take me 4 Days From Robin Hoods Bay Turn Left and walk to Whitby (1 day)
    then walk on to Redcar (1 day Poss) then get the train home.

Im planning to do this walk with or without help (But Our CR Si said I should ask to see if there is any willing people wishing to join me)

Then Hopefully next year I could try and do the Coast to Coast Starting with meeting our NW friends then heading over to the NE.

Dave

2. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005

Coast to Coast 192 miles - trust me I know ;)

Can't say yes or no at this point - I imagine I'll have exams around that time [face_worried]

3. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    The walks sounds like fun - but can't commit on the dates yet!

4. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Whatever you do mate - if you do it for charity and are good enough to think of Starlight as a charity you would contribute to, then Im sure they will appreciate it - I cant stop you, but I can only encourage you!

Go for it - I will sponsor you if you need it?

Will you need any 'Earl Grey' support along the way? :confused:

5. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Thanks guys for your Comments ! I havent set a date in June I could do july.
    Spikey With my legs It feels like 300 miles ! I would be pleased if you found the join me on this walk -

jace I would support the Starlight as its a good cause !

6. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    UP_DATE :

Im told I can get Sponcership for this walk thats in Two parts
    In June or july (Date not set as yet) Im planning on walking the route of the Lyke wake walk over a 5 day period.

A Friend from English Enviorment said He may join me on the walk

Northallerton to Robin Hoods Bay then to Whitby for the first leg (Any money raised would go towards a charrity - Need to have a natter with Jase )

Second part of the walk is planned for May 08 and this being the Coast to Coast 192 miles (with a few changes ie once at Robin Hoods Bay turning right and walking to Scarbrough to visit my brother at Uni then walking back up towards Whitby Maybe on towards Redcar)

(Anyone wanting to join me please get in touch)

7. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Catch you for a chat at the Sedgefield event if you are still coming?

8. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
  9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I won't be doing this, but I just got a very interesting proposition as an ex-Scout alumni which involves walking and charity.

Watch this space :p

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Any update on this Dave? Not sure if I could attend, but what you are doing is great :D

11. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    UPDATE :

The Main Coast 2 Coast walk will be done in July 2008 covering 210 miles in total A number of people have come forward to offer support and cash !

Im still planning to walk from St Bee's Cumbria to Robin Hood Bay But here is the twist from Robin Hoods bay to redcar
    Im waiting to hear if a jedi from Durham (who has'nt joined here yet) may come with me ?

Failing that Maybe on the way from Whitby to Redcar you guys could walk with me ? or a shorter route ?

All funds are going to Unicef

I have been out with Rucksack Fully loaded doing walks in and around North Yorkshire (Thanks for this hint Chris Ive forgotten how much it takes out of you)

I was thinking maybe when I start the walk in St Bee's some of the NW members could see me off ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.