Nearest THX Certified Digital Theater to Maine

Discussion in 'Maine' started by Whitecloud, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitecloud Jedi Padawan

I was lucky enough to catch the Midnight Premiere showing in San Diego in on a THX Certified Digital Theater!! When I got back I saw it at the local Flagship Cinema...and the difference was just incredible!!

Was wondering if anyone knows where the nearest THX Certified Digital Theater is to Maine!! I am willing to travel quite a distance...this is the difference the digital theater made!!

Thanks

Whitecloud
  2. Abhors Elder Guest

I honestly don't know where one is... Maybe Mass? I read we don't have any in Maine, and I'm not sure about NH... Shame, too... I saw ROTJ on a digital screen at C3, and it was kickass.
  3. Abhors Elder Guest

Oh, and Flagship cinemeas? Where do you live? Lewiston? Oxford? I'm heading down to the Lewiston flagship tomarrow night with a friens to see a Sith 9:45 show.
  4. rustedservo Jedi Padawan

WARNING!!!!!
    Don't ever see EP III at the Oxford Flagship theater. The sound was awful. I believe my TV without the suround sound on has more powerful speakers.
  5. Whitecloud Jedi Padawan

I was less than impressed with the sound Flagship Cinemas in Lewiston. After seeing it in a THX Certified....there were parts you could not even hear at flagship (such as a familiar noise that a wookie has made in the past). I hear Auburn is a little better regarding sound quality.

Also...I did find some Digital DLP Screens in Mass:

Loews Theatres Boston Common - (Boston, MA)
    175 Tremont Street, Boston MA, 02111 (617-423-580)
    Showing Episode III on a Digital Screen

Showcase Cinemas Randolph - (Randolph, MA )
    73 Mazzeo Drive, Randolph, MA 02368 (781-963-5600)
    Showing Episode III on a Digital Screen

Perhaps a road trip is in order??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.