Tampa, FL Necro Details?

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by PrincessElaina, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessElaina Jedi Knight

star 1
    Please post the details about Necro when they come in. (Or call if you want) Where to change costumes, if you are getting a room, the times of the event at the table, etc. I would like to change into more than one of Padme's costumes. Is the Rebel Legion going to be there also? Are we working with them or as a seperate table?

Come to find out I am doing the Pirates of the Caribbean discussion at midnight on the 29th. It was recheduled from Dragoncon.

Thanks guys!

Gabbs
  2. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    The table is listed as Tampa Docking Bay 1138 Fanforce table, but all groups are welcome to come to the event. I am contacting the convention head to verify times and if there will be changing areas. I am going to be getting a room at the con for the whole weekend. The con runs from 12pm Friday to 6pm Sunday, with the main panels, dealers room, and art stuff going on mostly between 9am-6pm. I will post more info as I get it.
  3. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Matt, too bad my daughter isn't moving here until the 1st!!! Or we could invade her apt. and just move her stuff in and crash there!!!
    Right now I am working Sat. and will be over after work for a few hours. Any idea of the cost for each day? I can;t afford much these days.
  4. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    3 Day membership is $35.
    Friday or Sunday only, $15. Saturday only, $20.

I have spoken with the head of Necro and I have a little more info. The fan tables are 18 inches wide by 6 feet long. She recommends the banner go on the front of the table, since the hotel is leary about things going up on the walls. There are restrooms near the table that can be used for changing. Check in for the table will be Friday at 12pm when the con starts.
  5. PrincessElaina Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks so much for that. I will be jumping back and forth from the pirate mess back to you guys. If we dont have a changing area I may have to get a room.

Will miss you guys at the meeting!

Gabrielle Elaina
  6. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll have to look at my schedule and see if I can afford to go both days or not. Any body signing up to man the table? If I can't come Sat. I can Sun. but it will probably be only until 3 or 4 pm. the latest. It helps to have 2 people so one can go to the bathroom. are we setting up any kind of display or anything else? I can donate paper and some ink for flyers for people to pick up at the table. Also usually a bowl for candy or something.
  7. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ross and I will surely do some time at the table.:D [face_skull] [face_batting]
  8. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    If anyone else from the group will be @ the table on sunday, i'd be willing to come and also watch the table. let me know anyone -Jace
  9. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I believe a schedule will be made up at the meeting this week for the table hours and times. Also can we take and raise the money topay for the banner this weekend?
  10. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    As it stands now I am working Sat. & Sun. 9-3 both days.
  11. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Marie, would it be cool with you if I came along on Sunday? Let me know!

Matt! Im going to finish my Jedi Robes so Im going to need the cloak back from you. PM me about a good time to meet!

-Jace
  12. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    There was talk about making this a t-shirt group outing to bring people in to the group, of course we will not stop you from wearing your costume if you feel like wearing it to this event, that is your chocie. I plan on wearing my jedi outfit at least once to the table while there working it.

13. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortunately Jace I will not make it on Sunday, the con will be closing by the time I finish work.

However, I will try to be there Sat. after work and I just won't have time to get into costume. Matt can you tell me what time the tables stay open til? I won't get over to Tampa until about 5 or 6 pm. Does the con go on after that time?
  14. I_heart_Fetts Jedi Knight

I will be there both saturday and sunday, so I could be at the table if needed. I don't have a shirt though. If someone would email me the logo, I could put it on a shirt to wear those days.
  15. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Just come that is all you need... being a Star Wars fan is great!!! Someone take pics.
  16. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll probably be there Sunday also, so I can help watch the table. Just have to dig out my shirt.

onward
  17. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    The main con functions are from 9am-6pm on Saturday I assume this includes the table time. Depending on the table location you could technically be at the table later than that.
  18. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Are there any activites after 6pm Matt. Seems kind of expensive for one hour. Sorry I have to work and can't change that. I'm also on call that weekend so I never know when I might have to go troubleshoot a patient either.
  19. Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm going to be there Saturday and Sunday, and possibly Friday as well. I have to take the comps Friday morning at school, but I'd like to go over after that. Hopefully I will have a costume done to wear at least one of the days.
  20. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here is a list of all the panels and events that are going on after 6pm. The art and dealers room will be closed, but all gaming, video, discussion, and party areas should remain open. There is an onsite restaurant that should be open as well. A heads up for everyone this year regarding parking, make sure you read the Hotel Parking page on stonehill.org. There is a cost for parking and a few different places you can park in.

19:00 Ballroom Masquerade Seating Get a good spot for the show.
    H: masquerade staff
    20:00 Ballroom Masquerade The ever popular costume contest. McSweeney, Caldwell, Vincenti, Cunningham
    H: A. Morris
    21:00 Ballroom Spider Robinson Concert Spider sings his own work for you. S. Robinson
    H: A. Morris
    21:00 Brandon 2 Artist Round Robin Artists create composite works to auction off for charity. Morrison, Conrad, McSweeney, Kitsune,
    21:00 Suite 445 Stargate:Threat or Menace? Fan panel for Stargate lovers.
    H: Meredith
    22:00 Brandon 2 SF Name That Tune Music trivia game.
    H: Harben
    22:00 Brandon 4 Open Filking General singing along.
    H: filkers
    22:00 Suite 445 Slash Fandom Fan panel for gay fiction devotees.
    H: Hicks
    23:00 Ballroom Anime Dance Dancin' shoes and anime character dress time again.
    H: AnimeMetro
    23:00 Brandon 2 Small Bites Spooky Bedtime Stories Wear your jammies. Bring your cuddly toy and be spooked. Horror Writers
    H: Peck
    23:00 Suite 445 Vidcon Gathering Party for fan fiction afficianados.
    H: Hicks
  21. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well sounds like we need to come up with some kind of schedule for the table, for each day.
  22. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Can have a head count for this event as well. Who is all going to shwo up for this and what day will it be, so we can make up time slots for the table.

PrincessElaine
    Ravenjack
    SereanaNightstar
    Annya Latoure2
    JediJace007
    LukeCeremonial22569 aka TreeDodger
    I Heart Fetts
    Darth Lego Maul

cut and paste the list with your name added to it. Also please say what day and when you can come.
  23. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't say, now it might be Fri. night after work. Sorry But I am working double duty that weekend. And since I am good firend s with "Murphy" of M's Law...Anything can and will happen
  24. PrincessElaina Jedi Knight

star 1
    which outfit you want me to wear? My potc show isnt till midnight .

I will have the senate outfit by then.

gabby
  25. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Your COstumes are so fab any will be great. The Senate gown sounds great!! A good place to unveil.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.