main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Need a club's assistance for a Long Island, NY event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ziz, Jan 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziz

Ziz Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 1999
    I need to know which clubs in the Long Island area of NY would be willing to volunteer their time in May for a one night awards show. I'm helping out with an event called The BOLI Awards. This year's theme is sci-fi. Where the club comes in would be in the function of ushers and other "crowd entertainment" as people enter the event and move from one area to another. Stormtroopers and their variants (Sandtroopers, Biker Scouts, TIE Pilots, etc) would work best, but other characters would add atmosphere too. The entire event is about 3 hours, but it is an awards dinner, so timing is not an exact science. ;-)

I don't belong to a club myself, and rarely check these boards, so please email me at ziz62266@bellatlantic.net for more info.

Thank you for your time.

John

2. Cailinn-Sar

Cailinn-Sar Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey Ziz,first off welcome to our little forum.I really dont know of much clubs on the island,I live in the Bronx,but when you nail everything down I'd really be interested in finding out info on the event, so if you could let us here at the forum know the place,time & such I'd really like that & one more thing can those who attend show up in costume also.Thanks talk later.

3. Ziz

Ziz Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 1999
    It's on May 15th (that's a Tuesday, I think), and yeah...showing up in costume would be the whole idea. Starts at 8pm, runs 3 hours (give or take...you know how awards shows are ;-) I'll find the exact address over the weekend. Doesn't have to specifically be a Long Island based club (although that would be better, since the awards are for Long Island based businesses, schools and students), but if the closest club is Brooklyn or Queens, as long as you're willing to make the trip, you're welcome to attend. Keep in mind that we only need maybe a dozen club members at most, so first come, first serve! As I said above, you'll be functioning as ushers and "crowd control" (which is why Stormtroopers and similar would be best), so plan on being on your feet most of the night.

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I only know of 1 Organized NY Group that you might be interested in. I will send them your info and get back to you, or maybe they will. Please send me an e-mail with the full info on your event and I can post in on the Main Fanforce page.

MysterySith@fanforce.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.