main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need a Crash Guide for a Star Wars newb for tonight

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by gfanikf, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gfanikf

gfanikf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Hey,

My friends and my girlfriend are going to see EP III tonight and were all good on the details but my girlfriend (who I've been dating for 3 years) is not well versed in SW she saw EP II with me and parts of the OT but is always at a loss (the feeling of jumping in the deep end). I was wondering if there is a guide or someway I can quickly (in about 10 hours) fill her in on all the important points and concepts (spoiler free for EP III thought) so she can fully enjoy it. I really appreciate all your help. TIA

2. thatsMRvadertoyou

thatsMRvadertoyou Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2005
    You've been dating for three years and haven't immersed her in SW lore yet? And you call yourself a fan... pshaw :)

Good luck with that... and enjoy the movie!!!

3. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    10 hours...Just watch the movies. Or at least TPM and AOTC. Then have her see ROTS and then wath the OT after.

4. gfanikf

gfanikf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    I would be shes just finishing up her thesis and may not be able to plus the over load of SW may kill her lol

5. Sanjiro

Sanjiro Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    i agree to watching the first two with her.

as for it killing her... well, that is a risk you are going to have to take.

6. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    Original Trilogy

ANH
    Luke needs destiny, Luke finds droids, droids take him to teacher, teacher shows him the force, Luke rescues princess, Lukes teacher dies, Luke uses the force to blowup enemies (Vader) and save friends.

ESB
    Enemies (Vader) are looking for Luke, Luke finds Jedi Master to further training in force, Luke's friends in trouble again, Luke's friends fall in love, Luke comes to rescue friends, Luke finds out Vader is his father. His father cuts off his hand and sends him packing, Lukes friend Han is not rescued

ROTJ
    Luke rescues Han, Teddy Bears attack the evil Empire, Luke finds out princess is his twin sister, Luke faces Vader, Lukes dad isn't so bad after all, Luke and Father destroy ultimate Evil, Lukes friends blow up the big space station again. Luke sees happy ghosts of father, and two jedi teachers

Pre Trilogy

TPM
    The Queen is attacked by Seperatists, she flees to a world where her and Jedi find Luke's father (Anakin) as just a boy, he goes with them to become a jedi, The Senate does not help the Queen, The little Boy Vader saves the day but the guy who was going to train him as a jedi dies

AoTC
    Seperatists have friends and start a war, The one time boy (Anakin)falls in love with the one time queen, Anakin misses his mommy, a bunch of clones were created to fight for the good guys, the head good guy is actually a bad guy though noone realizes it, Anakin marries the queen and has lots of anger in him.

There you go in a nut shell ;)

7. gfanikf

gfanikf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Oh thats pretty good actually my understamiating of her may have been a bit harsh a little larger one for just the Prequel Trilogy would really help. Thanks so much

8. Jedi-Kev

Jedi-Kev Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Don't forget there is also ten years difference between TPM amd AOTC..........(otherwise the onetime queen falling in love with a little boy hit's the eewwww factor)

just realised the time....I probably missed the boat.

9. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    show her the movies ofcourse!

a hundred times....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.