Provo Need a little help for my paper

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dantana Skywalker, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay. I've got two weeks to research and write a cultural studies paper on Star Wars and its effects on the American culture.

Can anyone help me? I'm considering making up a survey and having some people fill it out, or something.

I hate my class.

Dana
  2. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    My suggestion? Run a Google search on Star Wars Culture and see what that turns up for you.
  3. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hey, thanks. I didn't even think about doing that. I'd still like to do that survey and pass it out amongst the group, maybe do an online thing, but I'm getting some pretty good stuff for the basics. :)

Dana
  4. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay, this is the link for the survey. If you guys could fill it out, that would be great. It's pretty short, but gives me a general idea of what I need to know.

click here to fill out survey

Dana
  5. LakSivrak Jedi Knight

star 1
    I filled out your survey! I like surveys, it makes me feel like my opinion matters :p
  6. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    There is a documentary I once rented called "A Galaxy Far Far Away" that was a very good representation of Star Wars culture and the fan happenings surrounding Episode I.

I also have a book called "Star Wars: The Magic of Myth" that I bought from the National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC when I lived on the East Coast. It is a very interesting book, with insights into how culture at the time of the original Star Wars trilogy affected the movie, and how the movie in turn affected culture through its mythical legacy. I would be more than happy to let you borrow it, if you think it would help.

Good luck!
  7. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I hate being in the youngest age bracket! That always happens! BY the time I'm older than 20 everyone will make their surveys cut off at 25!
  8. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, I'm just barely in the second age bracket.

Dana
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.