main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Need a new CR for LA - Go Vote!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys. Scott was removed as CR since he hasn't posted in forever, so you guys need a new Chapter Rep.

What a Chapter Rep does
    To be a Chapter Rep (CR) a person must be at least 18 years of age and live in the city/region they are Representative for twelve months of the year. There can also be only one CR per chapter. CRs are expected to uphold the CR Code of Conduct both on and off forum. They are also expected to report any problems on their forum or with their chapter to their RSA or a GSA as soon as possible. Condoning or encouraging negative behavior/posting habits could result in a demotion or ban of the CR in addition to the person(s) causing the problem.

Chapter Reps need to sign in several times a week to check their chapter forum, check their PMs, and check the CR forum. CRs need to post at least every other week in their own forum. They also need to contact their RSAs often regarding events and forum changes (headers, banners, etc). If a CR goes two weeks with out logging in, s/he will be demoted and the RSA will facilitate elections for a new CR. If a CR informs his/her RSA before an absence, the two week rule can be waived.

Chapters need to have annual elections for the position of Chapter Rep. The elections can take place in forum or in person. If the elections are in person, at least two people other than the current CR (who are not related to or in the same household as the CR) need to PM the results of the election to their RSA. Elections in forum will be handled by a PM vote to an RSA who is unaffiliated with that chapter. If a chapter has not had annual elections, then the RSA will step in to start the election process.

more stuff in the Fan Force Rules about Chapter Reps:

13) FanForce reserves the right to
    FanForce reserves the right to refuse a chapter/forum's creation, refuse a title to a member, and refuse to let a person become a CR or officer in a chapter. As with all posters, the role of CR is a privilege, not a right. As such, a CR's privileges may be revoked at any time. FanForce may ban a person or shut down a chapter for breaking the rules and/or TOS. FanForce also reserves the right to change and update these rules as necessary.

14) Miscellaneous
    There can only be one CR per chapter. The CR does not necessarily have to be the club president/leader. Chapters are allowed to decide their own areas of focus based on members interests, but they must be open to all forms of Star Wars fandom. Charity work is allowed, but not necessary. Using a FanForce chapter in a negative manner will result in a removal of the chapter, and possibly the banning of the responsible parties. All Jedi Council rules and TOS apply to FanForce. Individual chapters may make their rules tighter, but may not lighten them

The full Fan Force Rules are linked there.

It's up to you guys if you want to do the election online or in person. I find it's easier online since not everyone can make it to meetings/events.

I'll leave nominations open for 2 weeks.

2. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Well guys, what are we to do? There's only a few of us left right now, and we need some leadership. Maybe we can start fresh? Maybe this time, make sure we can all get a long and discuss our discrepancies and confront them instead of holding them in and talking behind each others' backs.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    OK, I nominate Sol Jedi for CR. His posts are usually pretty positive and he is pretty good about checking the boards on a regular basis and suggesting fun stuff for us to do together. He's also good about accepting suggestions from others, even when it's not exactly what you originally had in mind, i.e. when he wanted to go to the Burbank AMC and several other people asked if we could go someplace else, Sol Jedi went along with it without complaint.

4. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I will only accept nomination as long as it's unanimous. I want to make sure everyone would be ok with it.

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'd accept either of you guys, you both rock. ;) I mean by accept I meant "vote for" whoever wants it.

6. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'll go with SJ, certainly.

"You have my sword."

7. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Hello there well finally(new router) I can add my Vote for SJ!!!
    " You Have my Axe"

8. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I vote for SJ as well!!!

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Ok, let's put it to a vote then to make it legit.

10. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    And my bow!

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Will do. I'll have another RSA take the votes so it'll be official. :)

12. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    I vote SJ too

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Adalia-Durron will be takes the yes/no votes. I'll get the final okay from her and have her say when. :)

14. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    This could be your new campaign slogan SJ. This Fan Force needs it.

[image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/daisymex/hope.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.