main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Need a Review of TOR

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by movieboy321, Jan 2, 2013.

1. movieboy321

movieboy321 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2007
    Hi, I'm the owner of StoryHobby.com where I maintain lists and reviews of popular multi-media franchises. Naturally Star Wars is a big part of it. I am currently in the process of reviewing the entire canonical list of Star Wars media that I've put together. Unfortunately I can't review everything because of lack of access, etc. One of these is The Old Republic. I was hoping someone well familiar with the game could write me a short review that I could include on the site. You would receive the credit for the review and I can also provide a link to any personal site if you wish it.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Star Wars: The Old Republic is a game like nothing else I've ever played before, when I got the game I expected much less than what the outcome has been like for me so far. I've been playing the game for over a week now, and I haven't gotten bored of it once, because there's always something to do.
    This role playing game lets you take on a selection of different classes, such as a Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter and many more, and each of these classes has their own storyline with completely different outcomes making the game so unique compared to others, but what's even greater about these classes, is that you get to choose advanced classes from these as well, take the Jedi Knight for example, you can either choose to be a Jedi Sentinal or a Jedi Guardian which even have different storylines from each other.
    What I love about this game so much is that it's completely open world, and there's always new places to be discovered with missions awaiting you, whether it be to defeat a powerful Sith Lord, get rid of a group of Mandalorians or even clean the Tusken Raider's water supply, they always keep it exciting and interesting.
    When I started the game on the planet Tython, I thought that this is where the entire game was going to be based and the game was going to be quite short, but I soon found out the starting planet, Tython, was only one of many, many more planets to be discovered, planets that are much larger with a lot more to be discovered on them, and the starting planet was only the very start of the game to warm you up for what's about to come.
    Apart from the storyline itself, they have also added a really unique feature into the game, which is datacrons, and these will keep you occupied for hours. Datacrons are hidden throughout every planet, and each Datacron is different, as it gives you different abilities, such as a little bit more strength. But some of these Datacrons aren't easy to get, they get harder to find and get to on each planet you visit, and to get these you may need to parkour across a pathway of pipes, fight your way through enemies guarding them or even catch a Jawa Balloon ride!
    Overall I think that this is an amazing game, and may even be the best game that I've ever played, and being a huge Star Wars fan myself I think that they've done an amazing job with the planets and aspects of the Star Wars that they've incorporated it into the game. I recommend it to anyone who's looking for an exciting adventure that will challenge your abilities, but give you a great and enjoyable experience playing it at the same time. I rate this game 10/10.

I hope this is alright, tell me what you think, thanks - Jordan.

3. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Well I try to keep mine short, I've played the game since november 2011 (I got in a full beta then) I enjoy the game the story is great but don't be fooled the majority of the RPG is actually a lie, there are only a couple of times in the story you can affect it somewhat and the side quests you do not affect. They are also often shared across factions (with of course different reasons to go but same area and objective)

The game is fun but the combat can be a bit repdetive at times especially since you can hardly move without finding enemy thugs attacking you.
    Is doesn't have the open world aspect like SWG had it is much more straight forward but if you enjoyed Dragon Age or KOTOR I think you should give it a chance
    I know I sound very negative but believe me the game is fun it just isn't SWG...
    It's much better than World of Warcraft though.
    As for endgame they've managed to pull a challenge on them some can be really though.

So, I'd repeat myself it's fun. Give it a try it's free now after all.

4. movieboy321

movieboy321 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2007
    Sweet,

I'm going to try and combine the thoughts from both of these, can I get your full names to put in the heading of the review?

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Jordan Lodge-Bos.