main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need a ruling for stacking Darth Maul

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Itchy_c, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    Can you have a Darth Maul C (60,7,5 Pay 3=>Opponent can't evade, Pay 3=>Evade 1) stacked with a Darth Maul C Promo?(7 to build, 60,6,4, Pay 2=>Evade 2) It is the same name and letter but a different card.

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I would say yes, but let's allow someone smarter to answer.

3. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    The only Promo with version letter erratum that I know of is Padme C (printed as B). The Maul promo you describe is version B. Normally, promo or not, you cannot stack a same "letter version" together. However if the text is different, then they should be different versions. Are you sure the promo is not B?

4. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001

Hmmm... looks like WOTC screwed up. The promo Maul (C) card you describe is the same as the non-promo Maul (B).

If you were in a tournament, I'd say you'd better ask the judge for a ruling before you start playing. If you're playing just for fun with your buddies ... (shrug) that's up to you.

5. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Go to Wizard's of the Coast's website (www.wizards.com). Go to the Star Wars TCG section, and hover the cursor/pointer over the word "Rules" in the left-hand column.

Click on the first link for Rules/Errata (I think it's for AotC). They show the discrepancy of the Maul Promo card marked "C" as a misprint, and should be treated as "B".

To answer your question, yes, you can stack it with the regular Maul (C).

6. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    so if it is misprinted as C and should be treated as B, then I shouldn't be able to stack it with the real B then.

7. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    I checked the wizards site, but couldn't find anything saying it was misprinted. It definately is C.

8. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    I looked earlier today and could not find it, although I swear I read it once. Can you scan it? I'd like to see it. Maybe you have a one of a kind.

9. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Is it the same as this one? It looks like a D but it is hard to say.....

10. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    My apologies. I goofed. I got the Darth Maul Unleashed promo errata mixed up with what I read about the Darth Maul Jedi Nights promo.

I went to my "personal file" on errata and FAQ I've accumulated, and can't find any other evidence.

While I don't remember where I read this, on the WotC site, if you go to Card Lists then Promos, you'll find that this is the only Promo card that doesn't have an image available...

11. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    Yes Bacabachaui, that is it, and yeah it is a C. The card is also a foil. I still couldn't find a ruling on it.

12. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    You should scan it and send it to WotC for a ruling.

13. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    I got a reply from WOTC!!! It is a misprint and it is treated as "B"! You guys were right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.