main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need advice on framing or if it's worth it

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rox , Feb 10, 2012.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I work at a movie theater and as General Manager the movie studios send us cool stuff from time to time for whatever reason. I got this from Lucasfilm this week.

[image=http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/423012_2751436748252_1327622541_32396647_40600057_n.jpg]

It's numbered and came with a Certificate of Authenticity. I am thinking about getting it framed to hang in my office. Do you get the Certificate framed with it or it that something I might just want to get a envelope and pin it to the back side of the frame? What do you guys think?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's pretty nice - I'd definitely see about getting it framed if it isn't too expensive. I think if I were doing it I'd probably put the COA in an envelope on the back unless you specifically want to show that off. It looks like there's plenty of black space to put it against so you wouldn't block out the image.
    One caution against doing that would be fading. If it was in an envelope it would be better protected.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It came in a Lucasfilm envelope so I will probably tape the envelope to the back then.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's a good idea - that way you won't lose the envelope!

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Depends on how you frame it. How big is it? Is it the nice standard poster ratio, or some odd-ball size. Would framing it in front bring the mat into closer proportion to the golden ratio? Are you planning on just buying a frame or having it custom.

If you go with custom: archive mat, UV resistant glass. Totally worth it. the one time I didn't, the poster was so badly faded after 10 years as to be almost unrecognizable.