main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Need Advice

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jymm_Roquand, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I know this likely isn't the forum for this but I am stumped. I really need soem advice on this because i am litterally losing sleep over this and am so confused. And everyone always seems so friendly and helpful too.

This past Saturday I went to a party for one of my closest friends. It was her 18th birthday. I hate to say it but it was all teens and predictably there was alcohol consumed (not by me, I no longer drink). Everyone was very friendly including the birthday girl who was particularly huggy and affectionate.

Over the years me and her have become really good friends...Ironically our friendship began with the death or another mutual friend. Now we are best of friends sharing every detail. For a long time I had feelings for her, until abot a year ago when things began to die down and we remained just friends. Now I am almost positive that she doesn't have feelings for me (I have never asked her so I am not certain, but she shows no interest).

We have been there for each other no matter what the problem was and have supported each other through the worst of problems.

Now the dilema is that durring the evening she was being really affectionate. I know she didn't mean it to be anything accept drunken tomfoolery. However, it was enough to bring back all the old feelings and really confuse me about everything.

There is also another problem to confuse the matter. I have been single for four years now, and of course loneliness sets in.

I am not sure whether the feelings have really come back, whether loneliness is kicking in again (worse then normal) or if there is something else going on. I really care for ehr and don't want to lose her in any way. She is very important to me. but to ignore my emotions is difficult and incredibly painful.

I am not sure what to do. Whehter I should talk about it and see if there is anything; or should I try to move things forward and risk damaging the relationship; sit back in bitter agony as I watch her with other guys who don't care for her while my heart is silently torn apart.

I need advice because this is driving me crazy.

Signed,
    Confused.

2. Darth_Vaux

Darth_Vaux Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2003
    Marriage and attachment are forbidden by the council. Just kidding.

Be a man. Just tell her you want a piece (only classier) see if she wants the same. If she doesn't move on.

Unless you are a female, in which case, girl on girl... nice!!!

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well...

You have two options.

1) You can wait it out, let the feelings run their course and out of your system.

2) Tell her these feelings, since you said you share everything anyway.

Being single is a pain, the feeling of loss is something everyone goes through. BUT its not the end.

Being single is actually a goo dthing it allows to to focus on you and your thoughts and where you want to go, without worring where SHE wants to go and do ;)

Don't let being single factor into the fact you are lonely and your emotions.

Try verbally talking to a friend bout this too. SPeaking your mind tends to allow it to think about what you are saying and how foolish or serious you really are.

Then again if you tell her, what do you lose anyway? A bit of embarrasment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.