main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need costuming help for D*Con!

Discussion in 'Archive: Augusta, GA' started by Jedi_TaganCalera, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_TaganCalera

Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Katherine and I need access to a sewing machine (or preferably someone with good sewing experiance). She and I was to make some Star Wars costumes for the CON. She wants to go either as Mara Jade or a Jedi. I want to go as Darth Malak from Knights of the Old Republic.

Any ideas or help?

- JTC

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I've been wanting to do MJ for a long time! I have some good directions for making it but I can't sew...we should have a costuming session or something! I'd suggest going to some of the Rebel Legion or 501st forums for some good suggestions!

God bless!

-Malz

3. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I was thinking about a Jedi or shaving my head again and going as Lobot. :D

4. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    That would be awesome! [face_laugh]

God bless!

-Malz

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    You know, if anyone has done Lobot at Dragon*Con, I haven't seen them. I'm sure it has been done, but not when I've been around. I think that's an excellent idea! :)

So far, I have an Eowyn costume in the works, and I'm trying to get the money together for some sort of Star Wars costume.

6. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Of course you can see that no head shaving was involved but this guy from the Alabama Star Wars Syndicate went as Lobot last year.

Check him out HERE

His Lord Dark Helmet costume was much better.

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    That's pretty cool! :)

I love to attend Dragon*Con just to see all the costumes!

8. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, I love the costumes! And I saw Dark Helmet...that was probably him then, that was awesome! [face_laugh]

God bless!

-Malz

9. Jedi_TaganCalera

Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    At present I have more plans than working costumes. The goal is a Dark-Fairy of some kind to attend with my wife's Peacock Fairy (rawr!), Darth Malak if I can pull it off just to have a villain to have Jedi pose against (this is the least likely to succeed under current costuming restraints), my "wood elf" Tagan Calera (can be seen at www.tagancalera.com/dc2003.htm), and possibly the N.E.R.O. villain I occasionally play known as Tetch'ket (a nastly goblin tinkerer whose head is based on Blix from Legend). The last two costumes I have or can easily get everything I need. The first one I need a pair of black and gold or black and red fairy wings (may manage to pick those up at GA RenFest tomorrow), some creatively cut black and red robes with chains, and perhaps a top hat. Darth Malak needs a REALLY good baldcap and makeup job and some help making the clothes. The face/neck piece I can generate myself.

Any ideas/help would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.