1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th June)

Oz Comic Con: Sydney (10th-11th September), Brisbane (17th-18th September)

FF:WA Need game info pls

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mutley, May 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone from the network/gaming area played Half-Life?? any tricks, advice etc that you could provide will be thanked :D
    I'm stupid(sort of) but can't get out of the damn lift at the start of the game :mad:
  2. UmmYep Jedi Youngling

star 3
    AHHA!! finaly, a question i can answer!! :)

You have to wait for the guard to come to open the door to the lift (which is to the right)
  3. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    How long does that take?? From the time it stops in the bay and you move back from the door???

4. Aztek Jedi Master

star 4
    ON BEHALF OF UMMYEP

If you look out the door as soon as the lift stops, you should be able to see the guard coming towards you, it would take about30 - 45 seconds i guess...
  5. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    The problem is..I see the guard but he is not moving.
  6. UmmYep Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ummmm, riiiiight...
    maybe try opening the door yourself ? maybe that'll get him moving

If All else fails, http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/hints/0,10872,2537335,00.html
    Cheat!
  7. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    lol.. that lift at the begining is tricky.. dont under estimate it.. ;) just jkkin :)

it did it with me a couple times.. just restart the game and start a new one..
    worked for me
  8. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds like a bug. I never had that problem in the times I've played it. The guy just wanders over and opens it for you normally.
  9. SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan

star 4
    All right sorry but I'm going to change the subject instead of creating a new thread.

As anyone seen the screenshots for the new game STAR WARS BATTLEGROUNDS. It looks damn good. Mighty fine I must say. The first PC Star Wars game out that actually looks decent. I suggest everyone go check it out.

http://www.lucasarts.com

Ok, thats it, go about your business. Move Along, Move Along!!
  10. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    About time. Lucasarts seem to have concentrated far too much on creating console games in the past few years. They built their reputation on top quality PC games (real games) like x-wing/tiefighter, Dark force/jedi knight. Most of their recent PC games have been nothing more than arcade games inmorted from consoles - TPM, Rogue Squadron etc. I hope they deliver this time.
  11. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    Would be nice if they did, as for the other game--thanks for your help it's up and running(good game to BTW)
  12. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Anyone know anything about Black & White?
    Some people say its good, some say its not...
  13. Grizzly Jedi Padawan

star 4
    For Black&White, pm Silmarillion I recall her champing at the bit for it to come out so maybe she's had a look at it.

As for SW Battlegrounds, it looks like Lucasarts is trying to bring out the game that everyone was hoping for but didn't quite get with Rebellion and Force Commander
  14. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Rebellion = kickass game (just takes a long time for anything to happen).

Force Commander = What a dissapointment..

Yeah, I hope that battlegrounds is better too.. if not, My faith in lucasarts games will take another hammering.. the last REALLY good game they put out was Jedi-knight..
  15. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I only ever played the demo of Force Commander but I actually quite liked it. Most of the other recent games though have just been the arcade style games that cater more to kids. Games like Rogue Squadron, Racer, TPM were all pretty much arcade games. The of course there's starfighter, Obi-wan and Jedi Power Battles that they haven't even bothered porting to PC. They really have bent over backwards for the console players and in the process, have forgotten the PC gamers who made them successful.
  16. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone forgets us poor PC people :mad:
  17. Grizzly Jedi Padawan

star 4
    SJ there is a review of Black&White in todays paper (tuesday) in the computers/IT section.. the bloke reviewing gave it 9/10
  18. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ahhh.. so its worth d/ling *coughs* I mean buying..
    jkkin
    *Support game produces.. BUY your games*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.