main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need Group Logo and Title Graphic

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by gw2tulsa, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Like the title says I need a good res version of our group logo. Also I need the Tulsa Fan Force title as seen on the Cafe Express T-Shirts and stuff. That shadows of the Empire thing...

Mike 2 and I have something up out sleeves that will be MUCH better than our old flyers. You guys are gonna love these ALOT...

Oh, And does anyone have a copy of the text from our old flyer so I can transcribe it?

You can pop this info over to me at gw2tulsa@cox.net

Many Thanks,
    Gary

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
  3. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    C-mon people, someone send me the official graphics!!!

If you don't I'll be forced to redo our groups logo and use something more appropriate for our cowboy heritage...

Outlaw

If you couldn't tell I was pretty bored for the last hour or so of work today :)

-Gary Weaver II

P.S. I'm halfway serious about the logo redo. I'm wondering if anyone outside of Green Country even knows what the Golden Driller actually is...

4. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Gary I actually like the outlaw logo.

5. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Ok Gary, in the words of everyones favorite kiss ass, "That is ****in' AWESOME!"

6. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    spurs can be heard clinking as someone strides outside the bar....step ching....step ching...step ching.....darth sidious sits at the bar drinking a sasparilla... he looks up at the sound watching the door....a Silloutete appears in the doorway....step ching step ching step ching...as he walks under the swinging doors...its Yoda...

Yoda eyes the poeple sitting in the bar...as his eyes fall to rest on sidious the other patrons begin to make a hasty exit....

"mmm Hello Sidious...."

"Hello Yoda...been a long time,"

"Clouded time is...but know this I do... this galaxy big enough for both of us is not.." Yoda brushed back his duster to free his saber... and waits....

-----------------------------------------
    :) sorry couldn't resist

7. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Sorry, Gary. I didn't get online all day yesterday. A certain new videogame monopolized my time. [face_mischief] Anyway, I'm sending you the requested graphics now.

8. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Ed,

I totally love your story. Thats EXACTLY what I was thinkiing when I drew it yesterday :)

Billy,

Thanks for the Graphics, they will help a ton.

Billy or anyone else... Just what does the Aurebesh say on our Logo? I need to know for my Outlaw Logo proposal...

Many Thanks...
    -Gary

9. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    Luke Kissed His Sister.

Thanks Gary, That was just the thought that jumped into my mind when Is aw the picture hehe Can just picture Yoda walking along the street... tips is hat to the school teacher walking by.. "Hmm Maam" . hehehe "Sidious.. Calling you out am I" .....

Star Wars and the Wild West... a perfect combo. Man I have been writing a lot lately...this little thing ... a quick shadowrun thing for antoher board....working on the story for a Mordheim miniatures campaign hehe... funny... used to write all the time then got away from it.

10. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Well, here we go. I have two versions of the same graphic. The first is black and white and can be used for zerox printing...

Black and White Graphic

This next one is the full color version. This version is done in Pantone Colors so its great for Vinyl Graphics and Color Printing...

Color Graphic

Also, since I did these in a Vector Program I can scale them up to any size and not have resolution problems similar to what we were getting with our first logo...

I know its last minute, but I'd like to propose we start using this graphic for our logo. Ultimately its not a call I can make on my own. If anyone has any opinions for or against, please post here and let me know. If we can reach a decision by tonight I can start the print ups of our new flyers tomorrow...

-Gary

11. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Bump to the top... :)

-Gary

12. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    We have another logo ?[face_plain] I think it is an awesome graphic and whether or not my vote counts or not. I vote in favor of the new graphic...and if anyone has a problem with it meet me in town square at high noon and bring your lightsaber!

13. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Gary, what's the Aurabesh say on the Outlaw logo?

EDIT: I created a poll on our Yahoo! group, so we can vote on a new logo. I did it there rather than here, because voting is limited to members. If you don't remember how to get to our Yahoo! group, then clickie.

14. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Yoda is a badass...

It was that or "lil green tornado"

;)

-Gary

15. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Damn straight Yoda is a badass... THE badass, in my opinion. I'm all for the new logo. Great job, Gary!

16. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I personally like them both. However honestly I prefer the old logo to represent fanforce as a whole. Also I think I prefer the black and white version of the new one to the color. Could be just the chosen colors...not a big fan of mustard yellow :)

17. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Don't worry too much about the colors. I went with that Goldenrod to kinda simulate an old Sherrif's Badge look. The way I have the file set up, I can change it to any color we would want...

If we use this logo, most of our printing would be done with the B&W version.

-Gary

18. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Yoda needs a background, IMO, something like the skyline of Tulsa from our current logo.

19. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    I think Billy's idea would be cool too!

20. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Queen..
    God your new Icon is hot...Presents me with possibilities for a honey moon!!!

Anyways I really love the new Icon but I'm going to present an idea here...The old Icon is on our banner. With that in mind does anyone see a possibility of confusion for new recruits???

21. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    The Banner will be an issue this time around, but I would be able to get us a new one in a little bit of time... The weav has contacts he totally forgot about the first time around :)

Billy,

Have you seen Tulsa's skyline? There really isn't that much there :) Believe me, I tried... I had the same problem with the Logo for Tulsa Project Impact. They wanted something symbolize Tulsa. I worked for three days trying to come up with something using a skyline... Wanna know what I eventually used...

The Golden Driller.... :(

-Gary

22. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    My vote is for the new logo, never cared much for the driller. Don't trust a man that NEVER wears a shirt but is always wearing work boots at the same time, i always say.

23. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    I like the Yoda too. Excellent art work. My jaw droped yestered went I saw it. Gary, you being bored at work will do wonders for our little group.

:D

Ice Queen

24. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    I just meant that there's a lot of white space behind Yoda's head in the circle. The blue-purple skyline from our current logo just seemed to fill in the gap.

25. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Skeletor hehe, that's too cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.