main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need Hanger Trooper Pics ASAP!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Maulested, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Hello... Wow, I haven't been on here for far to long! I didn't know about the move and my heart was broken, not having anywhere to go to get my fix. A lot of things have happened since the last time I was on here... The Mourning Queen dress won some more awards and the got retired in the mean time I acquired another 'pathetic' lifeform- a husband!

He's really great and will only wear things that I make for him. So he wants me to make him a Hoth hanger troop outfit. I'm nearly done with the jumpsuit, which I did by hand, but I need a good reference pic of either Luke or the other dudes in the Hoth base where I can get a good look at the front of the vest. My husband is XL/XXL, so it is very important to get the proportions right and the cut.

Thanks for any help.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    So, kinda like Hoth Gear?

3. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    Yeah, just any photo where you can see the vest that the hangar staff wear. Just watched Ep. V and it looks like they all wear something like what Leia wears. I have good pics of her in that from the Dressing A Galaxy exhibit. But the stupid Luke 'dummy' has his hand right in front of all of the vest's details! And no one seemed to get any better photos from that exhibit... I'll have to figure it out by tomorrow anyhow...

4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    THere are pics of the Hoth troops in the trenches in Technology of StarWars #3 fangora magazine. A couple not-so-hot drawings in one of the WEG Starwars Role-playing game sourcebooks.
    Thought for sure I could find a pic somewhere in my various books...
    Have you tried looking at action figures? while not the best source, some of them have ok pictures on the card backings, and it might be OK for general shapes.
    Have you tried asking at your local Rebel Legion?

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Not the greatest, but:
    [image=http://www.jedidefender.com/collect92/rebelcommander%20esb.jpg]

[image=http://www.jedidefender.com/collect92/rebelsoldier%20modern.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Vintage_GentleMan/Hoth%20Snowspeeder%20Pilot/EchoBaseRebelCostumes.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Vintage_GentleMan/Hoth%20Snowspeeder%20Pilot/GeneralRieekanCloseUp.jpg]

[image=http://www.sunriderbase.com/Troopers/hoth_trenchtrooper1.jpg]

Amazing what you can find with a quick google image search... At least I didn't stumble onto a port site this time...

6. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    Thank you sooooo much!!!!! You rock!!!! <3 : ) We did a image search last night, too. Gotta get back to sewing. Will post a cool pic I found later. Thanks again!

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    You'll want to join the Ice Station Echo Yahoo Group. It has a ton of reference info. I also have a ton of reference images here and especially in this album.

Yes, I have done more than a little research into it. ;) Phyllis and I are writing and creating new visual guides and standards for the Rebel Legion, plus I'm creating VERY detailed visual standards and reference guides that will have multiple references. They should be done in a week or so, but you can see the rough drafts here.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

8. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    Thanks! You're rough draft is really cool. I guess my husband had found the group you mentioned- that's where he got the tutorials he printed for me. I just used the pictures from them since I had to start from scratch. The costume turned out wonderfully. We are at the point where we're working on props and the little details. I'm sure your rough draft will turn out to be very useful. I think my husband wants to join the Rebel Alliance, but I'm a bit scared I couldn't do their charity work (I spent too much time in hospitals and I get panic attacks when I get near one, total PSD). He won first place in the costume contest! : )

Thanks for the help!

9. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    OoooHhhhOoooo... pics!

[image=[​IMG]]

[image=[​IMG]]

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

The Rebel Legion, while we do do a lot of charity work, doesn't do hospitals very much. Most of the time it's like charity events like walks or other outdoor stuff where all the proceeds are being donated to charity. Plus, once in a while we get to do really awesome Lucasfilm events. :D

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Been there. Done that!
    Oooh, the kitties decided to check out all the fuss! Cute little fuzzies.

12. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Our garrison/base does things at the Children's Hospital once a quarter, but it's strictly voluntary. Most events are "stand around and let people take pics of you."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.