Need HELP Fixing Our Website

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi all,

I want to start reconstructing our website and the thought occured to me that we should have our own URL. I know it may cost, but I am willing to pay the out of pocket expense for that. I think. Still, I could use the help finding the cheapest way to go about it. Currently our URL is FanForceAcadiana.50megs.com, but I would like to drop the 50megs portion and not have adds. HELP me FanForce Acadiana member, your our only hope.

Please post links to sites that can assist me in this endevor and/or let me know what you can do in order to help improve our website. (i.e. This is a shout out to all HTML programmers to assist.)

2. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    Bump

Just say tjis so here is a site that help me with HTML
    w3school
    it helped me build this part of my website. Note that was the first thing I did for the site. My advice to you is to find a server that has stuff preloaded on it. (like Fantastico). My brother got me my webspace, I will ask him where he got it from, the price, and so on. He runs the comixpedia and a couple of other personal comic pages.
    ubi
  3. ArtisticJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    My sis does web sites! www.wilddogdigital.com

And if yall want cool logos, or like member cards or anyother neat, spiffy stuff, let me know, cause i am a graphic design major at LSU!

man, that was the worst shamless plug i've ever made!
    happy holidays.

email: tkille1@lsu.edu
  4. Aethon Jedi Padawan

ok, I can do the site, probably with our own forums and such included. I have a friend who has built a site for our guild in Star Wars Galaxies and he will most likely give me the code to reporduce the site as a FFA website. I will have to modify it to suite our needs of course.

For an example of what this guy can do (and what I can produce given the time) go to www.huwipa.com and check it out.
  5. SSDExecutor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey guys, I can assist in this too. I run and host my own site in-house and was actually talking with a few people at the figure premiere about adding a forum to it for local people to use. My site's at http://www.bastcastle.com, let me know if there's anyway I could help.
  6. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would like to meet with you guys to plan the site. I have some ideas I would like to include.

This is great. Jedi_Master_Rssoh said he would help with graphics.

Here is a Challenge: Someone design a banner for the top of these forums. I personally would like to see the FanForce Acadiana Logo, Yoda, and swamp images of Louisiana involved. And if you can work in the Acadiana flag as a touch, then that would be HOT too.

Submit images in this thread to receive feedback & whoever makes a submission gets to help design the WebSite, or NOT, or even if you don't submit, you can help, or I can go jump in a pit of quicksand on Degobah. Whatever. [face_peace]
  7. SSDExecutor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds like a great idea for the banner. I will give it a shot - but I'll warn you now, I'm a much better programmer than a designer [Jar Jar]so don't 'spect Picaso[/Jar Jar] [face_laugh]
  8. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, a Ralf McQuarrie is all I'm lookin' for or Doug Chaing. That or a Dave Dorman may even do. Thanks for the interest.
  9. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I edited the website slightly. It now displays the correct countdown clock to Episode III and redirects to these message boards instead of our old broken site.

Hey, it's something.
  10. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will try working on a design, but what happened to the old one? That was tight.

Ubi
  11. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am no longer with PeoplePC, thus that webspace is not available.

Shall we pick up a collection to fund an actual URL of our own, then really put our heads together and design a nice site?
  12. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    What kind of $ are we talking about here?
  13. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think about $ 35 a year or less.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.