main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need help on armor

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Darth_Decol, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Decol

Darth_Decol Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2002
    I finally hit it. the mark, the peek, the omega-high. I turned 18 and now can join 501st! one problem.. no armor :'( I need to know a good place for biker scout armor, money is no object since I have saved almost 3,000 bucks just for this. When i get it I was thinking of using the leftover money and turning it into a sniper-mod version, seeing as snipers have always interested me and seeing as the bikers were stationed in woods, it would be a sniper's haven, ewoks would make great small targets, for target practice too! i keed, i keed. Anyway, lol. I dont know if this has been done, but I will soon find out why. so if anyone knows who makes the best please send me the link here or my email ( crosshairs141@hotmail.com) Thanks all and hope to see yall soon!

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    "I finally hit it. the mark, the peek, the omega-high. I turned 18 and now can join 501st! "

if thats the high i dont want to know what the low is.

3. Darth_Decol

Sep 26, 2002
    .... mean person....

I think it's the little things like this that makes life great...and if u dont like it that's great, good for you. but that's your opinion, not mine.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Ah you have to know darthgoat to know that post of his was with tongue in cheek.

Good luck on the armour idea!

5. Darth_Decol

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks, i think i have a good set of armor my local garrsion leader told me about so i think i'm all set. I most likey will be back in here posting help on the sniper thing.

6. christoff88

christoff88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2003
    Your best resource for getting quality armor is your local 501st garrison. ebay is not very reliable, and sometimes the stuff on there is real cr#p. Since you're 18 now, you can join your local garrison, and they'll hook you up with reliable armor.

Hope that helps!

7. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Before you go altering your armor into a non-film canon suit (as the sniper scout would be), be aware that some events the 501st does call for film canon-only costumes. For example, andything we do with Lucasfilm or Disney.

With $3k, you can get a scout, stormtrooper, and snowtrooper armor with money left over.

Scott

8. Darth_Decol

Sep 26, 2002
    dang, i though armor was very expensive.. well plus money for all the other stuff..

My local leader also told me not to alter to much. so I'm just goin add maybe a shoulder brase or sumthin for sniper-fire recoil, and maybe a detachable scopelock like boba and jango's but more imperial look and still able to take it off when i need my costume for the official look. Then either make the jedi academy and jk2 game's sniper rifle or a tusken sniper rifle with more of a modifed-imperial look to it. and still have the pistol that the scouts use, since pistols and sniper rifles kinda go hand and hand.

9. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    "Ah you have to know darthgoat to know that post of his was with tongue in cheek."

You sure it was his cheek he had his tongue in? :p

Hey with the $$$ you have saved up and if your serious about doing the Non Cannon costume just get yourself an extra Set of hard armor. That way you can doctor one up making the sweet idea you have and yet still have a set of 501st approved stuff at hand. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.