main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need help. Problem with my Panasonic GS-120 and a shotgun mic.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by voorheesdude, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voorheesdude

voorheesdude Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    I just received a Axden SGM-X shotgun microphone for m Pansonic GS-120 and the mic records sound EXTREMELY low. It there something I can do to help this?

2. majormorgan

majormorgan Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    ok a few things to try or check:

1. You have the battery in the mic and the power switch for the mic is on. Did the battery need charging first or is it a consumer battery?

2. Is your camera set to record 32 or 48 KHZ sound? If it is set to 32, change it to 48.

3. Is there a setting in the camera's menu system for input volume or something similar?

4. Have you tried a pair of headphones connected to the camera whilst recording?

5. Is there a setting in the camera menu to disable the built in mic and to use the external mic? Panasonic DVX100A's have this setting so this baby might have it also...

6. Have you tried plugging the mic into another camera or hi fi system to record to make sure it isn;t a mic problem... Similarly, do you have an old external mic to test the connection on the camera in case the camera has a fault connector...

Let us know how you get on...

3. voorheesdude

voorheesdude Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    Does anyone know much about the Panasonic GS-120? I can't get the SGM-X to work with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.