main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need help remembering Wookieepedia article about Jedi recruitment

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mak Manto, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mak Manto

Mak Manto Jedi Padawan

Jan 3, 2013
    There was a page on Wookieepedia that spoke about a law that allowed for Jedi to take a Force-sensitive child from the parents if they felt it was in the best interest for the child.

It's like the Rite of Conscription in Dragon Age, where Gray Wardens can recruit anybody they want into their ranks if they want, except this was allowed for the Jedi...

2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
  3. Mak Manto

Mak Manto Jedi Padawan

Jan 3, 2013
    No, this was a specific Wookieepedia page that spoke of a law that the Republic allowed the Jedi to recruit a child into their ranks.

It has its own page.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I couldn't find it- but I've read The Jedi Path and in that, in the section on Jedi Recruiters- it mentions that the Jedi are the legal custodians of Force-sensitives within the Republic.

5. Mak Manto

Mak Manto Jedi Padawan

Jan 3, 2013
    Hmm, I guess I'll have to go with this for a while. I might pull up Wookieepedia's old pages through the WayBack Machine later.

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    As mentioned the Jedi Path states that Jedi are legally entitled to take children from their parents, thus it can't be considered kidnapping :p.(A Jedi actually says that) I love how that book shows the Jedi in the proper light.

benknobi1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.