Need help remembering Wookieepedia article about Jedi recruitment

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mak Manto, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Mak Manto Jedi Padawan

There was a page on Wookieepedia that spoke about a law that allowed for Jedi to take a Force-sensitive child from the parents if they felt it was in the best interest for the child.

It's like the Rite of Conscription in Dragon Age, where Gray Wardens can recruit anybody they want into their ranks if they want, except this was allowed for the Jedi...
  2. benknobi1 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  3. Mak Manto Jedi Padawan

No, this was a specific Wookieepedia page that spoke of a law that the Republic allowed the Jedi to recruit a child into their ranks.

It has its own page.
  4. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 8
    I couldn't find it- but I've read The Jedi Path and in that, in the section on Jedi Recruiters- it mentions that the Jedi are the legal custodians of Force-sensitives within the Republic.
  5. Mak Manto Jedi Padawan

Hmm, I guess I'll have to go with this for a while. I might pull up Wookieepedia's old pages through the WayBack Machine later.
  6. Robimus Jedi Master

star 5
    As mentioned the Jedi Path states that Jedi are legally entitled to take children from their parents, thus it can't be considered kidnapping :p.(A Jedi actually says that) I love how that book shows the Jedi in the proper light.
    benknobi1 likes this.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.