main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need help - where to upload a video?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by VortexSpin, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VortexSpin

VortexSpin Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2006
    We've been working hard on a two-vs-one lightsaber fight that's turned out pretty epic - 13 minutes long. I can't, unfortunately, upload that to YouTube because it's too long. Where should I turn, esp. for high visibility and easy feedback?

2. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    Vimeo.com

3. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Have you actually gone and looked at youtube? Ninety percent of the stuff on there is over ten minutes long. I myself uploaded a 20 minute long video a while back.

4. bgii_2000

bgii_2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    MetaCafe
    CollegeHumor
    YahooVideo

5. VortexSpin

VortexSpin Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2006
    Sith-man, I just tried to upload an 11 minute video, and it was rejected for length. What's the trick? Would you possibly be willing to upload it for us, since you have a vintage account that has retained YouTube's original unlimited length?

6. bobaandy123

bobaandy123 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    The trick is to get a free directors account. Unlimited time limit.

7. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    And like any good magic trick, nobody is going to tell you how it's done. [face_whistling]

Is there anywhere to upload a video that will not only allow you to have a reasonable run time, but where the resolution would be kept intact? I mean, now that DivX.com is gone, I don't know of anywhere that won't shrink your video and/or isn't going to charge out the yin-yang. Of course, that measure is relative, but you can pretty much take it as read that by 'charge out the yin-yang' I mean, of course 'at all'. :p

8. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    How I did it? I clicked browse, picked the file, and then hit upload...

I just made sure that the video was under the file size limit, and it didn't say anything about length.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.