main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Need Help with AE

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by mullet-man, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mullet-man

mullet-man Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2004
    hello i need help with AE 6.0, i am trying to make a lightsaber and and the other fourms cant help me so please write back with any info.

P.S. the reason i need the lightsaber effects SOON is because my dad is drying of lung canser and Star Wars was one of the few thing that made him happy, so im makeing him a star wars moive.

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Welcome to the Heart of the Alliance (HOTA) FanForce Forum!

Please don't take this as rudeness but I have 2 questions.

What is AE 6.0? (I am assuming you are using this program for rotoscoping?) After Effects, Adobe Elements, not sure what that is.

Second, Since this is your first post ever where are you from? Do you live in the area? I ask because it is customary to introduce yourself on a FanForce board before you start asking for help. Both the Fan Art and the Fan Films are probably a better place to start looking for this information than the local FanForce Chapter. Many more people frequent those boards that this one. Also according to your profile this is your first post ever. That makes it hard for me to believe that "the other fourms cant help me" and that you have already checked the aformentioned resources. I also recomend reading this Thread in the "Welcome New Users" forum to understand the do's, don't's and ettique of these forums.

Like I said am more than willing to try to help you if you give us more information. I am just curious how you found us and if you are interested in being active member of this FanForce chapter or if you simply only want a quick answer.

3. mullet-man

Dec 21, 2004
    ok, well this is my first post, ON THIS fourms i been to other fourms on other web sites. also i was born In KC but i moved to springfield, and the reason why i didnt tell you this info before is cause im the only person in sringfield with a mullet, so im very easy to find. Adobe After Effects is what i am useing and its a video editing software thing, i will try the place you said and i hope to hear more for this fourms. cya

4. mullet-man

Dec 21, 2004
    well ok im mad. I cant find nothing in these fourms that tell me how to make a lightsaber. I found somthing that said "How to make a lightsaber" topic and it was no help, cause it just said to buy a "real" lightsaber. I DONT WANT TO BUY A "real" lightsaber i want to make one with AE.

Edit: Language

5. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Are you talking about digitally adding a hilt, rotoscoping, or both? The FanFilms section has several topics on rotoscoping and the Costume and Props Tutorial list has several ways to make a lightsaber. Generally most people film with a prop hilt and add the rotoscoping later. Tutorials in the FanFilms section can be found in this thread.

If you wanted to go completely digital for both I suggest politely asking for help in the FanFilms forum. If you still cannot get help after that I can see if I can pull some weight to get you some answers. ;) The opporative word above is politely. Using language like you did in you last post will not only get you nowhere but also has the possibility of getting a temporary ban for violating the TOS. Please consider this a friendly warning. In the future I will ask to have your posts edited.

Again I am willing to help so long as you exhaust the suggestions I have given and you keep your language in check.

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    not to be rude, but there is a reason why you are not finding what you are looking for. Because you are not looking hard enough. Do a simple google search for lightsaber tutorials in after effects and you'll find several solutions to your problem.

7. Bikerscout-5327

Bikerscout-5327 Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004

http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/

As for AE hell I have no idea.

Kam
    TB-1154
    501st Central Garrison
    (T.D.D.T)
    Thermal Detonator Diffusion Technician

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.