main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Need help with book timeline

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jm1226, Jan 13, 2013.

1. jm1226

jm1226 Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2013
    I'm a couple of years into reading the Star Wars story in cronological order and it seems like I missed a book. I just finished Jedi Search by Kevin Anderson and I kept running across references to the Emperor Reborn where Luke gets involved with the dark side. There is also mention of a Jedi Holocron that Leia took from the resurrected Emperor's stronghold.

What book did those events happen in? I have must have missed at least one book. Can anyone point me to the book I missed?

Thanks

John

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
  3. jm1226

jm1226 Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2013
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I didn't realize I was missing some of the plot by not reading the comic books. I guess I have to head down to the best bookstore on the planet and try and find them. If anyone has them I bet Powells in Portland Oregon will.

4. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Dark Horse put out a hardback anthology of the entire series (Dark Empire 1-6, Dark Empire II 1-6, Empire's End 1-2) a few years ago, so that would likely be your best bet.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, Pablo really hit the nail on the head when he wrote the inset for Dark Empire in the ERC. :p

kataja likes this.
  6. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    What did it say?

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "By the mid-1990s, one of the questions most commonly asked by Star Wars novel readers who had never perused the rich universe of Star Wars comics was 'Which novel was it when Luke fell to the dark side?'"

General Immodet and Zeta1127 like this.
  8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    In my opinion, Dark Empire is as good as Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy.
    They were both epic. They are both essential to the EU.

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Major difference being that Dark Empire is insanely good at killing off anything that it brings up that isn’t Nar Shaddaa (though they certainly tried with crashing an ImpStar on it).

General Immodet likes this.
  10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Killing off people makes it more epic. More dramatic as well.
    Veitch probably wasn't allowed to kill off characters such as Luke, Han, Leia and Lando.
    He could do it no other way.

The scene in which the Imp SD crashes on Nar Shaddaa was great! :)